+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please!....

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    What a waste.
    He's certainly a Blockhead.

12 million pounds !

"On 1 February 2017, McCormack joined Villa's Championship rivals Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of 2016–17.

Now that's a waste of money !

DB came on a free on basement championship wages - we are a small club arn't we !

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    12 million pounds !

"On 1 February 2017, McCormack joined Villa's Championship rivals Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of 2016–17.

Now that's a waste of money !

DB came on a free on basement championship wages - we are a small club arn't we !
    .....and how many times did he play for us?
    How many goals did he score for us?
    A complete and utter waste of money thanks to your clueless hero.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    What a waste.
    "F***ing Ada"!

Which local paper does this story come from? I've read the two local Colchester papers online, Gazzette and Standard, both sports pages are linking them with several players but no mention of Blackstock.

Has someone kidnapped the conversation again. I was posting about a 12 million pound wast of money in the same league as we were and we got DB on a free.

Now the agents would have contacted PD and he would have negotiated wages.

But going back to the OP villa's wages for
    McCormack would have been what ?

A rough guess ?...£............./ week ?

But manifestly far greater than ours so as a true comparison and legitimate statement - I would say Villa wasted a lot more money than we did !

The use / misuse of DB during the last 30 plus games is an issue with the manager in charge.....freezing a player out of contention or not playing to his strengths is not good management. Wardy didn't pull any trees up either during Warnsey's demotion run....but then again no one did.

Thank goodness our chairman is more on top of the finances than the Villa boss because that one deal and we would have been toast !

And I mean the whole club !
    Crazy money !

Its an anglia football tweet loyal. Go on #rufc and you should see it.

I would say Villa wasted a lot more money than we did !
    !
    So would I.... the difference is that, unlike us, the Villa squad still contained a handful of good and injury-free players, and so still beat us easily, and did enough to comfortably stay up.

Has someone kidnapped the conversation again. I was posting about a 12 million pound wast of money in the same league as we were and we got DB on a free.

Now the agents would have contacted PD and he would have negotiated wages.

But going back to the OP villa's wages for
    McCormack would have been what ?

A rough guess ?...£............./ week ?

But manifestly far greater than ours so as a true comparison and legitimate statement - I would say Villa wasted a lot more money than we did !

The use / misuse of DB during the last 30 plus games is an issue with the manager in charge.....freezing a player out of contention or not playing to his strengths is not good management. Wardy didn't pull any trees up either during Warnsey's demotion run....but then again no one did.

Thank goodness our chairman is more on top of the finances than the Villa boss because that one deal and we would have been toast !

And I mean the whole club !
    Crazy money !
    Stubbs advised TS that Bradshaw and Gregory were not worth the money being asked (quite rightly)
    It's ridiculous to suggest that Douglas didn't ask him if Blackstock was worth a one and a half million pound contract.

It's rediculous to suggest Douglas didn't negotiate the deal and TS didn't sanction it !

But this is a layer cake situation !

At this very time - we needed players in quick ! And the "best ones had gone" !

Why - because half the squad had been culled by NW

We know all this.....so with NW / PD / TS and AS all involved....that's as it should be....at that time who was left to bring in ( on a FREE ) - I don't know - you don't know but we were desparately short of players putting DB's agents in the driving seat....that was not Stubbs fault at all and he was right about not wasting money on Bradshaw and Gregory .

Ward went onto score 1 / 2 for the opening 12 / 13 matches....we had Yates and JCH coming back from injury so Stubbs didn't waste money on anyone we didn't need and / or was no better than we had !

The responsibility for DB's lack of matches was the responsibility of KJ & PW....after AS went and DB's wages were the responsibility of gross mismanagement of all things pre-season - NW procrastination - and TS waiting!

Time pressure is an agents dream and we were out-negotiated....end off !

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast