+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in Love

I'm in Love

With Jo Ko.

She has some bottle that lass coming back from a set down to beat one of the current best players in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    With Jo Ko.

She has some bottle that lass coming back from a set down to beat one of the current best players in the world.
    I'm sure she'll be delighted Chippy. UTCB

With Jo Ko.

Well you beat me to it by one minute Chippy but at least my title was clear. GERRRIN line pal, I'm thinking of Sandra Bullock cloned with Chrissy Evert.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I'm sure she'll be delighted Chippy. UTCB
    Seen plenty of matches at Wimbledon over the years and that game ranks as one of the best womens matches i have seen,worthy of a final.

Now for the weaker Williams

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Well you beat me to it by one minute Chippy but at least my title was clear. GERRRIN line pal, I'm thinking of Sandra Bullock cloned with Chrissy Evert.
    You know how Simona is feeling right now coming second Gray

You know how Simona is feeling right now coming second Gray
    Match was so good it was worthy of 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Match was so good it was worthy of 2 posts
    Mine went to print first

Mine went to print first
    Slightly better headline from Gray tho

Gripping game managed to overcome the nerves to close it out hope I'm wrong but can't see her getting past Williams,she needs to drastically reduce the unforced errors but she knows that,it's nice to have a female player who stands a chance at last

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Gripping game managed to overcome the nerves to close it out hope I'm wrong but can't see her getting past Williams,she needs to drastically reduce the unforced errors but she knows that,it's nice to have a female player who stands a chance at last

Nailed it there mate. She gives points away with overhit forehands like Santa at Xmas and she is **** at the net. Williams will have a birthday if she dosen't quit the unforced errors.

Quote Originally Posted by chipbuttyblade View Post
    with jo ko.

;d

Name:  IMG_0117.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  47.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Totally agree about the unforced errors but I think she could get past Williams. Pushing 39 and seeded 10, I think she's on the downside now, it depends on what the 1/4 games has taken out of both players.

Totally agree about the unforced errors but I think she could get past Williams. Pushing 39 and seeded 10, I think she's on the downside now, it depends on what the 1/4 games has taken out of both players.
    She is the weaker Williams and is very beatable,just hope the camera does not pan over to her family gathering too often,ill puke.

Regarding the unforced errors,they were high in the game against Halep she is ranked No2 and put Jo under great pressure all thru the game,Jo did miss some sitter's i guess nerves were there.

I watched all her other games and the unforced error count was a lot lower,player opposition standard much less,Vekic was tough.

Jo can try and get under the skin of the weaker Williams the crowd will surely help her.

She has to beat herself first before she can tackle Williams nerves are definately a big factor you could see that yesterday,hopefully she can keep them under control to go on and win,got to say I have my doubts tho,the pressure the brits put themselves under is immense that's why I have so much respect for Murray he overcame these and reaped the rewards

Her biggest problem was the forehand, she seemed to double hit a few, it's didn't sound right, but the way she served and just missed the net time after time was amazing. McEnroe said he'd never seen anybody contantly serve so close when he saw the stats. If cost her a bit as she tired but I thought she was outstanding. The other girl was very much in the Murray mould, her brilliance was in her return baseline play, but Konta seemed to have a full range of shots. I think like Bully, getting over the mental pressure like Murray has will be her biggest problem, if she can and even just get to the final this time around I think she'll go on to follow in his footsteps and become a top 3 player

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Nailed it there mate. She gives points away with overhit forehands like Santa at Xmas and she is **** at the net. Williams will have a birthday if she dosen't quit the unforced errors.
    But you're going to make mistakes if you play like Konta - she also hit a lot more winners than Halep. She was going for it and adrenalin will have pushed that forehand out ...... her volleys improved as the match went on. I reckon she will learn from that match and improve again - she's a very bright lady.

Fingers crossed.

Her biggest problem was the forehand, she seemed to double hit a few, it's didn't sound right, but the way she served and just missed the net time after time was amazing. McEnroe said he'd never seen anybody contantly serve so close when he saw the stats. If cost her a bit as she tired but I thought she was outstanding. The other girl was very much in the Murray mould, her brilliance was in her return baseline play, but Konta seemed to have a full range of shots. I think like Bully, getting over the mental pressure like Murray has will be her biggest problem, if she can and even just get to the final this time around I think she'll go on to follow in his footsteps and become a top 3 player
    It sounded different cos roof were shut,ya wazzuk

What did you think about the "net" calls on Jo's serve towards the end,even she questioned it,two times the ball looked no where near the top of the net,and McEnroe remarked about it.

And the umpire 15...........Lurveee.

Sir Muzza out!!! He looked injured,in fact he looked as bad as i do when walkin, by the end of the game. UTCB

Im in love with her as well - what a gorgeous pair of legs that girl has- the best in tennis ...........oh and her tennis is great as well

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Sir Muzza out!!! He looked injured,in fact he looked as bad as i do when walkin, by the end of the game. UTCB
    He's got same hip complaint as me,it might be the end of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast