shopify analytics
+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kontaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    I have no engineering background at all so you and Rav would understand it better than me but I enjoyed reading about all the things I wouldn't think about like making sure at each stage of completion it doesn't cast a distracting shadow on court during the tournament.

Also that 25 is the tolerance (allowed variation) in mm of major trusses which themselves span 85 metres. By way of comparison a lego brick is 32mm long.

How do they do that? Good job I'm not building it - it would be a right mess!!!
    If you dont mind me asking,how much were the tickets for court 1,i have never been and would love to go,did you book them well in advance

If i took Mrs Block to Wimbledon tennis,she would never moan about me watching United ever again

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    If you dont mind me asking,how much were the tickets for court 1,i have never been and would love to go,did you book them well in advance

If i took Mrs Block to Wimbledon tennis,she would never moan about me watching United ever again
    Is this any help Blocky? Make sure that you put another pony to one side for the strawberries and Robinsons.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/queueing.html

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Coming from an engineering background myself I'd say yes it could be done but the cost would be astronomical what with all the ancillary steelwork needed for not only support but to level the roofline which is different on every stand almost
    Beat me to it Bully. It would be 'easier' , and I use that ternm loosely, if the ground had undergone the proposed upgrades for World Cup status a few years ago. Whilst in the process of stand alterations they could possibly have done the geotechnical work involved and installed the steel structure that would support the roof. Cost? pull a figure out of the sk because we are talking millions & millions.
    There is another option which may be possible though. Spin the ground through 45 degrees & start again!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Is this any help Blocky? Make sure that you put another pony to one side for the strawberries and Robinsons.

Nice 1 Mr G,I am on it

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post

I went on Tuesday - 84 per ticket on Court 1.... it would have been over 100 on Centre but I really wish I had gone for them as it rained on Tuesday and so Court 1 was a miserable place to be. They played one semi and half of another and that was it. Not great tennis and it was flippin cold! Ended up watching the Konta match on the hill.

I get the tickets because I play tennis down here and each club gets allocated a certain number.
    The other way is to enter the public ballot which is on their website.

Its a lovely day out when the sun shines, but in hindsight I wish I had gone on the first week as there are far more matches to watch (and the weather was better?!).

Nowhere near as good as an afternoon at The Lane though!

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Beat me to it Bully. It would be 'easier' , and I use that ternm loosely, if the ground had undergone the proposed upgrades for World Cup status a few years ago. Whilst in the process of stand alterations they could possibly have done the geotechnical work involved and installed the steel structure that would support the roof. Cost? pull a figure out of the sk because we are talking millions & millions.
    There is another option which may be possible though. Spin the ground through 45 degrees & start again!
    Cheers Rav,SJH and Bully,the spinning the ground using all of the `island `which is our ground is something that would make sense,but cost prohibitive,until we become a top Premier League team,so in about 3 or 4 years time spin the ground

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    I was trying to keep it short and simple I almost put it would be easier to start again from scratch which I think it might be

I was trying to keep it short and simple I almost put it would be easier to start again from scratch which I think it might be
    I am going in the loft,getting the kids Lego,and building a Bramall Lane,with a retractable roof,the ironing can wait

Agreed Bully.

Looks like our gal will be on court shortly,Muguruza a set up and 4-0 in't 2nd.6-1 in't 2nd set,It's KONTA time. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 13-07-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Well I feared this nerves got the better of her again in the 1st set couldn't take advantage when her chance came and let Venus in when she had half a chance,experience counting so far,I hope she can settle 2nd set

Too many unforced errors again she's up against it now

Said on the I love you thread her unforced errors would be the death of her. No reason to think differently.
    Bottle is fine but if you ain't got the shots its second best. Which is nowhere.

Venus looks hot today,I don't mean her tennis play

Nerves is what's causing the unforced errors more often than not

Her forehand is letting her down big time. We can't even say it's because she's attacking the net today because neither player has left the baseline. It's a slug fest today and like SBT says, far too many unforced errors in this type of game

Nerves is what's causing the unforced errors more often than not

Hark at Dan Maskell

Commentators said she played well I thought she surrendered meekly

Glad you noticed the likeness blocky,I played regularly in my younger days

Commentators said she played well I thought she surrendered meekly
    Not good enuff, she can go back to bein an Aussie nar? UTCB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast