+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/t Set Charlie Gard free and let him

The parents are now arguing over Charlie's head size!

The judge needs to make a decision before this all descends into total absurdity.

The ventilator needs to be turned off and Charlie needs Tender Loving Care in an end of life environment

Some people understandably find it difficult to accept but Charlie needs and deserves protection from the increasingly irrational parental behaviour.

Get on with it!

Kempo
    Rational thinking doesn't come into it.
    It's horrendous for the parents.
    No good outcome to this.

But Kempo obviously knows what everyone "needs" doesn't he!

It is indeed horrendous for the parents Yak but they are the cause of this awful situation although as I have said its not a blame thing but the court needs to take control much quicker than they are doing.

Charlie is a little human being and the prognosis is dreadful with or without treatment.

He cannot see..He cannot move and he has severe irreversible brain damage,without the ventilator he cannot breathe.

We are moving towards being cruel to the young boy when he needs kindness.

The parents and their legal team are putting the judge under tremendous pressure.

The actions of the parents are becoming increasingly abnormal and for Charlie's sake the judge needs to end this and make his decision.

I do indeed know what Charlie needs and it's TLC...He is not a commodity..He is a human and he deserves more than this.

Fortunately this is very very unusual and families usually put their trust in the doctors in this situation.

I'll be honest, it's a shocking situation whichever way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    It is indeed horrendous for the parents Yak but they are the cause of this awful situation although as I have said its not a blame thing but the court needs to take control much quicker than they are doing.

Charlie is a little human being and the prognosis is dreadful with or without treatment.

He cannot see..He cannot move and he has severe irreversible brain damage,without the ventilator he cannot breathe.

We are moving towards being cruel to the young boy when he needs kindness.

The parents and their legal team are putting the judge under tremendous pressure.

The actions of the parents are becoming increasingly abnormal and for Charlie's sake the judge needs to end this and make his decision.

I do indeed know what Charlie needs and it's TLC...He is not a commodity..He is a human and he deserves more than this.

Fortunately this is very very unusual and families usually put their trust in the doctors in this situation.
    Must be hard to let go, thank goodness for all of us not being in this truly horrendous situation.

Bless the little lad and his obviously loving parents.

Shame high and some low profile people have had to get involved in this tragic situation.

Not having a go Kempo but this shouldn't be getting discussed on a public message board really, should it. Shouldn't even be in the news.

Family and health professionals should be the only people involved.

Mr President shouldn't be anywhere near it!!!! Or the Pope for that matter!!

Bradley Lowery was so likeable. His parents same, Jermaine Defoe what he did he deserves a Knighthood. Kempo you never said anything. You've got to be the man. You crave attention out of a tragic situation. But that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I'll be honest, it's a shocking situation whichever way you look at it.
    Yes I agree with you...It's a lose lose situation.

It is sad some people are using this thread to make a personal attack ( not aimed at you Magic)

Totally not sure why it shouldn't be discussed,I would have thought the very opposite but each to their own opinion.

I didn't know until this morning that the USA doctor had actually been asked by the White House to get involved.

Shocking interference assuming its true.

I have seen all this before and the chances of any meaningful improvement are not 10 per cent but ZERO whereas the chances of harming Charlie are somewhat greater.

This must be the worst decision for the parents and all those others involved. But the judge, doctors, etc, are not judging on their own lives, or their own child, but the child of others. I believe the decision to end your life should be your own, or in a situation like this, that of the parents/spouse/legal guardian.

If it was any of my children, I would want to do EVERYTHING in my power to keep them alive. Just as I would with my own life. Do we have any proof that the child is suffering in any way? I have heard he is blind and brain damaged, but do we have proof he is in pain?

So what if he is on life support to keep him alive. That is one of the miracles of modern science. And who knows what is in the future? Who knows if we will find a way to cure blindness? Who knows if we will find a way to repair a damaged brain? I'd say the possibilities of those things in the future are probable. Certainly to a certain extent.

I am sure not many people used to think we could perform the kind of organ transplants that we can, or get man to the moon.

I tell you one thing though. Life is sacred. We get one chance. One life. No afterlife. Which is why no matter how much I was suffering, I would want to live. I would NEVER want my family to turn off my life support, never give up on me, no matter what state I was in. I could be completely brain damaged, blind, deaf, paralysed. In my coherent mind now, I know that I would rather have ANY life than no life and I hope there would be some kind of cure.

Well Ellis

That is the counter argument and put extremely well.

It's not a view that I agree with but as I say you have put a strong clear argument forward and I thank you for an excellent contribution.

On the pain thing...there is no proof that I know of but the opinion of GOS is that he is capable of suffering pain and further cavalier management is likely to cause suffering.

How evidenced based that view is I don't know.

If there is any suggestion of present pain then no doubt he will be sedated and given morphine so he should not presently be in pain.

The judge will make his decision with the child being the being of greatest importance,not the parents,not the doctors,not the Pope and not the President of the USA.

He has the rather unenviable task of deciding the best interests of the child.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast