shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 signing in the last 7 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Not worried in the slightest, I think considering where we were before Christmas and the progress that's been made some supporters are acting like spoilt brats, chill, keep the faith ��
    At last.
    A sensible post.
    We are as a club,in the best position for years.
    Yes threadbare with new signings.
    But for me they just want the correct signings.
    I don't need to suck upto hardy and co.
    I've paid plenty traveling away from home and attending most home games.
    I'm not worried.
    Have faith

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    At last.
    A sensible post.
    We are as a club,in the best position for years.
    Yes threadbare with new signings.
    But for me they just want the correct signings.
    I don't need to suck upto hardy and co.
    I've paid plenty traveling away from home and attending most home games.
    I'm not worried.
    Have faith
    #Trust #Faith

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Go on his Twitter and suck up to him then, he likes that. We actually have a worse squad at present than at Christmas, Shola aside. Our captain is injured, a few others have left and the replacements don't fill the right gaps. The situation is getting serious. The new manager bounce only happens once.
    Don't do Twitter and have never spoke to him. TBH all this 'I want' is getting very tedious. Considering we could have been planning now to be trying to get out of the conference with no budget and possibility in administration,I'll take where we are now thanks and grow from here.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 13-07-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    My post is perfect sense. Your reply makes me think you failed to read it correctly. I've no problem with the management as mentioned elsewhere in various posts. They are doing a good job on the whole we wait and see to find out about signings. I hope they bring in some good ones. I've no idea if they will. My post looks at basic factors around why people go to games. Please read things properly Sid rather than replying to suit your own agenda and have a great day! QP.
    Apologies, Queenie. My post didn't belong as a rejoinder of yours. I was half asleep. I agree with what you wrote. I was just adding my two pennorth.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Apologies, Queenie. My post didn't belong as a rejoinder of yours. I was half asleep. I agree with what you wrote. I was just adding my two pennorth.
    No worries hope your health is fantastic. QP.

It is of my opinion that KN thinks that the majority of the current squad under his guidance is good enough to be challenging next season. Due to what he managed to do since he came in and the fact that all new contracts were renewed tells me that the players are also behind him. It's difficult to argue with this logic. The results were there, playoff form.

We have made three additions mainly wide players and I'm guessing these will figure regularly in the first team.

One thing that I do find frustrating is that it beggars belief that we cannot seem to be able to find a league two experienced centre back around 26/27 who can be part of a defence and organise it to stop us conceding two goals a game. We have needed a leader like this since we have been in League Two in my opinion. Our downfall in the past three/four seasons has been the high amount of goals we have conceded.

In fact it is something that we have wanted since we were in league one (we may not have got relegated) but another season appears to be dawning and we do not have one.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    It is of my opinion that KN thinks that the majority of the current squad under his guidance is good enough to be challenging next season. Due to what he managed to do since he came in and the fact that all new contracts were renewed tells me that the players are also behind him. It's difficult to argue with this logic. The results were there, playoff form.
    Those results were achieved with O'Connor, Grant and Bola in the team. Of course we are weaker than that now.

What we actually need is a defeat in one of the warm up games to make people wake up to what is happening. I have known better close season activity under the Trust.

People can take issue with dissenters all they like, but how many Notts fans will turn up for the Forest friendly? That will show what the so called silent majority think.

Taking issue with summer transfer business on the 13th of July is very weird imo.

Making yourself an independent blogger and then writing apologist for the club articles is weird to me. What we need is a voice that dares to criticise.

Making yourself an independent blogger and then writing apologist for the club articles is weird to me. What we need is a voice that dares to criticise.
    We've got lots of them on here. Nice to read something with better perspective.

And criticise for what? Be thankful the club is here today in League 2, have some patience, give Nolan a chance to do what he's employed to do over the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Taking issue with summer transfer business on the 13th of July is very weird imo.
    Well I would say that if you/we had any aspirations for a successful promotion threatening season we should be getting a little nervous with three weeks to the start of the season. If you/we are happy to "consolidate" and aspire to a mid-table finish at best then no worries. (Obviously based on what I know of the retained squad).
    Also anyone that considers those signing new contracts is a massive show of faith really should consider they might know which side their bread is buttered? (Possibly!!).

There's every chance that I'll be unhappy with our business come the start of September, but now? I think the approach that Hardy/Nolan keep talking about, of making sure they get players who fit properly, is the correct one, but it obviously depends on actually signing them by the start of the season. But right now? It's still far too early to make any proper judgements.

There's every chance that I'll be unhappy with our business come the start of September, but now? I think the approach that Hardy/Nolan keep talking about, of making sure they get players who fit properly, is the correct one, but it obviously depends on actually signing them by the start of the season. But right now? It's still far too early to make any proper judgements.
    This.

It's the least inspriing closed and pre-season I can remember taking in to account both new signings and pre-season opposition.

As others have commented though, at least we're still a football league club........ for another season at least.

#faith jacob lad, we're going to have a squad of 22 players + 2 keepers. From the twitters of the man who said we'd have 2 signings this week.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what we have at the moment - 19 ? if we include Nolan, Edwards, Smith and O'Conner, so 15 then?

I'm free!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    It's the least inspriing closed and pre-season I can remember taking in to account both new signings and pre-season opposition.

As others have commented though, at least we're still a football league club........ for another season at least.
    This is what I was thinking the other day, not much positivity going around. We really need to make a good signing and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    #faith jacob lad, we're going to have a squad of 22 players + 2 keepers. From the twitters of the man who said we'd have 2 signings this week.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what we have at the moment - 19 ? if we include Nolan, Edwards, Smith and O'Conner, so 15 then?

I'm free!
    Only 14 I'm afraid and that includes Hollis 😦

I'm not too concerned at the lack of signings yet. It's not like previous seasons where we've signed practically a whole new squad which would have needed a full pre-season and then some, to gel.

One, two or even 3 additions should integrate reasonably quickly seeing as the base squad is already together still, just like signings did in the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    I'm not too concerned at the lack of signings yet. It's not like previous seasons where we've signed practically a whole new squad which would have needed a full pre-season and then some, to gel.

One, two or even 3 additions should integrate reasonably quickly seeing as the base squad is already together still, just like signings did in the January transfer window.
    http://www.nottinghampost.com/notts-...ail/story.html

And, unlike in January, we now have almost a blank canvas to work from when it comes to forming a squad. It's quite exciting to be able to say, 'okay, what does the future look like?'.* ....

In total I hope we'll be able to bring in around eight new players in a range of positions. Some we'll have to pay for, others will be out of contract and a few will come in on loan.

* the same as the bloody past

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast