shopify analytics

Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 signing in the last 7 weeks

1 signing in the last 7 weeks

We have made only 1 signing since the 26th May

I know people will say that players contracts aren't up until the end of June and that the signings will come in on the 1st July.......

Oh wait! It's the 12th July and we're playing Forest next week with a realistic squad of 14 (including Hollis) to choose from.

Will we ever be able to field a full bench?

Couldn't give 2 hoots about the Forest game... it's a friendly. I WILL be more worried if the squad is the same when we are at the Ricoh Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Couldn't give 2 hoots about the Forest game... it's a friendly. I WILL be more worried if the squad is the same when we are at the Ricoh Arena.
    Don't worry about a tink every little tink will be alright....

Yes I would also be worried and disappointed if we have not at least signed a central defender, Cannot see any promotion with the Duffy /Hollis pairing. Weve not even got a capable back up now Audel has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Yes I would also be worried and disappointed if we have not at least signed a central defender, Cannot see any promotion with the Duffy /Hollis pairing. Weve not even got a capable back up now Audel has gone.
    Even during the improvement under KN, clean sheets were very few and that has to be where we start if we aren't going to get a bucket load of goals every game......which we're not

You're missing the point. Having a team together for pre-season games will be beneficial and we are probably 5 or 6 players short of where we need to be.

We will probably start the game vs Coventry with players who haven't played together before.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonUSexyStylishPies View Post

We will probably start the game vs Coventry with players who haven't played together before.

That's hopeful...?

We've signed more players than Chelsea though...

Whether we like it or not, most of last seasons squad is still here... therefore it is not like previous seasons, where we have built a 'squad' from scratch, so the argument about them not playing together is wrong.
    What I do see as pointless, is several threads discussing the same thing.
    Am I disappointed we have not made a meaningful, wow like, signing? Of course.
    Am I worried? Not in the slightlest.

Whether we like it or not, most of last seasons squad is still here... therefore it is not like previous seasons, where we have built a 'squad' from scratch, so the argument about them not playing together is wrong.
    What I do see as pointless, is several threads discussing the same thing.
    Am I disappointed we have not made a meaningful, wow like, signing? Of course.
    Am I worried? Not in the slightlest.

Not now, but you will be after we have lost the first 3 games..

So, can you just clarify..
    Are you worried or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    We have made only 1 signing since the 26th May

I know people will say that players contracts aren't up until the end of June and that the signings will come in on the 1st July.......

Oh wait! It's the 12th July and we're playing Forest next week with a realistic squad of 14 (including Hollis) to choose from.

Will we ever be able to field a full bench?
    1 signing? One from Lincoln Hartlepool and Chesterfield. That's 3

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Since May 26th!

From a PR perspective, we need a signing immediately. From a squad perspective, we need multiple signings immediately!

No

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Bob, the special bus is here, quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    Since May 26th!

From a PR perspective, we need a signing immediately. From a squad perspective, we need multiple signings immediately!
    #faith, Thumbs Up, Clap Clap, Smiley Face.

Press conference 2pm Thu.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Not now, but you will be after we have lost the first 3 games..
    It's nice to see you back to your usual self durham.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    It's nice to see you back to your usual self durham.
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of positives so far, but I can't help but notice that jonnyt1 has been predicting doom and gloom.

Surely that gives us a glimmer of hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of positives so far, but I can't help but notice that jonnyt1 has been predicting doom and gloom.

Surely that gives us a glimmer of hope?
    Got a new pitch Theo so it will all be ok

"It's a squad game more than a team game these days and that was proven in the last few months of the season.

"I know the manager understands that and he is doing his best to bring players in.

"While he has re-signed most of the players from last season, going forwards it's about adding quality to that.

"We have to make sure we have that consistency if we are going to achieve our ambitions."

Interesting quotes from Shola Ameobi above. In an ideal world we would have the full squad in place (or as near as damn it) by this stage, so they can do pre-season together and bond as a team (off the field as well as on it). But that's not going to happen, maybe because for once we're not just going for the low-hanging fruit. As long as any new player is already in full training and arrives match fit, I can live with that (didn't we get McGregor from Celtic after the season started a few years ago?).

It's also iinteresting to look back on the transfers from the last window. Out of the six players we signed, four were loans, two permanent. Half were hits (Shola, Grant and Bola); half were misses (Yeates and the loanees from West Brom and Hull City). If we want to improve this year, we still need four or five more players, and we need to up the 50 percent success rate from last year.

By the way, so far we have signed the same number of players as our neighbours across the river.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast