+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rejoice....!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    If that's right, I'd say the club has negotiated a pretty good settlement considering Blackstock still had two years left on his contract.
    Assuming the local journalists are correct and he was being paid around £10k per week, he's still walked away with around £250k for doing absolutely nothing and that's a lot of money out of a League 1 budget.
    We've got so much to thank that nice Mr Stubbs for 😠
    Ive heard it said that stubbs wanted blackstock on a short deal as a stopgap..if its true, then someone else is responsible for the 3 year job, and theyre still at the club.. just what ive heard thats all..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Ive heard it said that stubbs wanted blackstock on a short deal as a stopgap..if its true, then someone else is responsible for the 3 year job, and theyre still at the club.. just what ive heard thats all..
    I'm not a fan of Stubbs I think he made a few mistakes while he was with us, however I don't think it's fair to blame him for this entirely yeah if we had gotten Bradshaw we would never had blackstock but any one of our staff could have stoped it so I'd say it was a group cock up

Annoying thing is Blackstock wasnt the worst player we've ever had, far from it. He's played at higher level and more prestigious clubs than ours and you dont do that if you can't play.

That accolade goes to the likes of Vernazza and Bos, but at least they were trying, just werent good enough.

Blackstock in my opinion is the laziest tw@t with the worst attitude to ever wear the shirt which given the talent his must have is far worse than being called our worst player ever

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Annoying thing is Blackstock wasnt the worst player we've ever had, far from it. He's played at higher level and more prestigious clubs than ours and you dont do that if you can't play.

That accolade goes to the likes of Vernazza and Bos, but at least they were trying, just werent good enough.

Blackstock in my opinion is the laziest tw@t with the worst attitude to ever wear the shirt which given the talent his must have is far worse than being called our worst player ever
    Hit nail right on the head there mate

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post

Gijsbert Bos - 18 Millers appearances, 4 goals
    Looked quite good at reserve level,. which Blackstock never did.
    Blackstock was a good player about 5 years ago, but injuries, distractions, demotivation, etc, finished him off - worryingly, nobody at RUFC seems to have bothered checking on that before he was signed

Just had a look at Gijsbert's Best Team Mates XI list - he included Alan Knill and Lee Glover , with Trevor Berry on the subs bench
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-07-2017 at 07:52 AM.

It's all about opinions isn't mike.

According to wiki after his stint with us Bos went back to amateur football in the Netherlands aged only 26, so they weren't exactly queuing up to sign him were they.

I didn't mean that Bos was better than Blackstock, when Blackstock was fully fit, about 5 years ago! Bos wouldn't have been good enough for Championship level, but as you said, at least Bos, despite his limitations, looked like he was putting some effort into his performances for the Millers
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-07-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Don't forget his lovely white boots!
    Very Alan Ball ish for those that can remember those pearly whites

What happened to the Millersmad contributor "GijsbertsWhiteBoots"? Now using a different name?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-07-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    stubbs came and he went.
    blackstock came and he went.
    anyone know if lbj is next?
    Yes he is.

PS In answer to your IP address question, you show 2, one in New Jersey and another one that geolocates all over the UK.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast