+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New man believes Millers have the right mix

New man believes Millers have the right mix

I think our squad has some realy good individuals that will really flourish in this league.

Playing in league one will be like running without their heavy training weights for the first time....like a reduction in gravity for them. NOT THE SAME PRESSURE!

The championship is a great place to play BUT it's so unfair because money rules the league and all the "effort" in the world will change that.

Newcastle were paying Premiership wages and had Premiership players in every position - our boys were as good as we could afford but effort never beat class.

Except by playing tactically and that takes time and commitment ( both of which were sadly lacking last year ) But as I've said before - TS says he wants "entertainment" - and he wasn't entertained by survival football so he threw the baby out with the bathwater - and here we are.

I ache with frustration though - one or two years of ugly points - spending the championship money wisely and "developing" a U21 team and academy to bring us up in terms of "Quality"!

Doable for me last season but then again my football knowledge isn't comparable to the MM mainstream.

The player this year should be superior in mind and body - a brand new NYS pitch
    ( that's guaranteed to win pitch of the season )

A new training facility - brand new and sufficient computers and physiotherapy kit to make their achy legs better - bless!

New kit - new grass - new league !

What PW has brought in are players that really appreciate the club - to them walking out on that pitch - in that beautiful stadium will provide enough adrenaline for 90 minutes alone. And they will see us as a step up or at least a good move.

All the players who have said that coming to Rotherham was a "Culture shock" - which for me is - they thought they were slumming - in reality ( from where they've been & played ) they had a point.

I can really imagine ( with everything that's been said ) that DB & KW roaming around the club less than motivated by the surroundings and systems they encountered here - and again they would have had a point ! BUT.....Not good Kama!

As someone once said - it might have been lbj - if I had more time I would have written a shorter letter...