+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hecky sez

This is most unbalanced squad we've had pre- season since 2008/09. When we were waiting until last minute to sign Andy Gray from Charlton. Didn't that season start with three successive defeats?

Quote Originally Posted by eaststandred View Post
    hecky: "we are starting afresh. But if we get this season right, we shouldn't ever find ourselves in this position again. That's the key."

hecky: "bristol city have recruited well, it will be a tough test for us on saturday but i'm excited and ready to go."

hecky: "everyone at the club is working hard, together. But we do have to get more bodies in. I want strength and competition all over."

hecky: "it's about getting the squad in place. Then taking bigger strides to put our future in our hands."

hecky: "this isn't just a job for me. It's not about my career. This is my club, my team. I'm a reds supporter. That's why i care."
    hecky, a freekin love ya man. If we get beat 8-0 your freekin gone!!

Bump

Hecky: "I was pleased with lots of our play on Tuesday night. We could have been further in front after the first 20 minutes."

: "The lads surprised me. You never know how quickly they're going to take things on board. I'm pleased that they're listening."

: "Ryan Hedges has huge room for improvement but he has so many strengths and an end-product. He affects games."

: "Yiadom is back with us and could be involved this weekend. This won't phase him, he's a level headed lad. He's our player."

: "Sheff U have had a good start but as we all know, this is a tough league. I'm looking forward to this one, I love the derbies."

: "Chris Wilder is proven, he has some experience in the team, players he will probably lean on. But we're going there to win."

: "We are going there on Saturday to attack as always; the players will embrace it. The fans, players and staff love these occasions."

Hecky: "We've a few lads close to returning but it may well be that we wait until after the international break."

: "We've had an extra week working with the players. It's important to us. We might change things Saturday."

: "After that we have a couple of weeks rest and a chance again to work more closely with the players."

: "September is going to be very busy, seven games in three weeks I think and lots of travelling."

: "Sunderland have good players and a very good manager. Massive experience in the squad. But we've been good here, we can't wait."

: "It's up to us as staff, players and the fans to challenge ourselves so yeah, let's try and turn them over."

"All of the lads have smiles on their faces and can't wait to get underway again. We've been working hard and improving all the time."

: "The schedule this month could be huge and we need to take that into account, we'll need everybody in top condition."

: "Every bit of success we've ever had has been down to everybody working, never an individual, that's the message we get across."

: "Preston play with so much energy, that's their standout quality. They've had a solid start and have some really good players."

Hecky says Yiadom will have scan before Villa game. Expecting all clear after that to step fitness up
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 07-09-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Paul Heckingbottom says Gary Gardner fit to start this weekend. McBurnie, Mallan & Davies back fit following international duty

No update on takeover from Hecky.He is leaving it to those at the top to deal with as he focuses on the players.

Lloyd Isgrove still coming through rehab so not involved, Fryers back in training

Hecky: "We might well make changes tomorrow. I now look at our bench and it's stronger. I have options now. We have a few knocks too."

: Derby could easily field two teams and not lose much quality. It's another tough test but we are looking forward to it."

: "I'd love it (a cup run). A big reason for where we are is the JPT run. You can gain real momentum in these competitions."

: "This is where we wanted to be. Competition for places. Look at George Moncur; he missed out on Saturday but he'd been great for us."

PH says he will keep in contact with Oli McBurnie in the hope of getting him Jan.

Hecky says he's hopeful Lloyd Isgrove will be back training by the end of the week.

Hecky on Cameron McGeehan - "all he's missing is games but he's training every day, pushing n pushing n getting closer."
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 11-09-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Hecky: "My phone has been red hot with how much people enjoyed the game on Tuesday. It's some more big steps forward for us."

: "It is everyone's goal to get to the point where I can change the 11 if I need to do so. If we get everyone at it, we'll use them."

: "Adam has played his way into becoming one of our most important players. He was deservedly left out at the start of the season."

: "The performance is all that matters this weekend, I want to be able to join in the celebrations after when we've got the points."

: "I've seen a bit of Villa. They've made big changes a few weeks ago, giving youth a chance which made an immediate impact."

: "I'm convinced they will be up there at the end of the season, but when things aren't going their way we need to capitalise on that."

Paul Heckingbottom also confirmed today that Barnsley fc have the option to extend Adam Hammill's contract by a further year.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast