+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Pleased with this, welcome back Kari

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Just exactly the player that we need in the heart of that defence, to provide that calmness and solidity, that we missed since Rusty retired.

Hopefully we get a full 12 months out of him this time and not the 6 months we got last time, as there was a definite downing of tools after the new year of 2012, when it was obvious he wasn't going to get the wages he wanted to extend his deal.

But watching him v Celtic for Malmo a few years back and in the Euros last summer, I think we are getting a player that knows his career is reaching the end section and he just wants to enjoy himself whilst hopefully winning trophies and guiding and cajoling the players around him onto greater heights
    Russel Anderson is a legend and was great when he came back but Arnason is coming back with Champions league and Euro 2016 experience behind him so he should be even better!!

Hopefully he shores up the defence like Anderson did and helps us win a trophy or two along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    We need to get a couple of defenders in. last night,, I thought we were poor defencively but looked good going forward.

Rooney was also poor in that he doesnt look fit.
    Rooney is a good striker at domestic level, but he really isn't mobile enough or pacy enough at European level. I have no doubt some people will point to his European goals, and he has scored eight of them. But five were against Daugava Riga who were like a pub side, and another was a penalty. In Europe the defenders are often too clever for him and he labours as he did last night.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a major asset over the course of a season, I just feel he should have been withdrawn about twenty minutes before he was. For the next leg I hope we will use a striker with more pace.

Oh by the way welcome back Kari.

Welcome back Kari, I just hope this signing isn't too late for Dons in Europe.

Rooney, I think he just doesn't look fit when up against fast defenders & ends up looking like he is out his depth.
    He score on the home front cos most defenders in Scotland aren't as good.

We now need to sign another striker , a defensive midfielder & a fitness coach that can get us up to the fitness level of all the top teams, whom last the whole 90 plus minutes

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Welcome back Kari, I just hope this signing isn't too late for Dons in Europe.

Rooney, I think he just doesn't look fit when up against fast defenders & ends up looking like he is out his depth.
    He score on the home front cos most defenders in Scotland aren't as good.

We now need to sign another striker , a defensive midfielder & a fitness coach that can get us up to the fitness level of all the top teams, whom last the whole 90 plus minutes
    Back off topic I guess

Aye as if Aberdeen don't have a fitness coach

As others have mentioned Rooney has his limits like he knows and we all know.He hasn't changed one bit since he signed in 2014, he can't hold the ball up,he can't create a chance for himself,he can't run past a player etc etc.

What he can and always will do is score goals which is a strikers job,if he stays here till 2020 he will get past the 100 goal mark.

Kari will bring his experience and confidence into the team and I think our defence will grow in confidence with him by their side , much like they did with Russell Anderson . A great signing both as a player and in the improvement he will inspire around him.
    A signing that I had thought was just wishful thinking ...but he's here .....fair chuffed min...

off to practice my viking hand clapping "HUH"

Welcome back Kari.

We all cheered you on the Euros, especially v the guffs, and were delighted to say you were an ex player.

Very happy to change that again to being OUR player now.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    Rooney is a good striker at domestic level, but he really isn't mobile enough or pacy enough at European level. I have no doubt some people will point to his European goals, and he has scored eight of them. But five were against Daugava Riga who were like a pub side, and another was a penalty. In Europe the defenders are often too clever for him and he labours as he did last night.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a major asset over the course of a season, I just feel he should have been withdrawn about twenty minutes before he was. For the next leg I hope we will use a striker with more pace.

Oh by the way welcome back Kari.
    I hesitate to completely agree as I think 'Roons' (as the players seem to irritatingly call him) has enough in his locker to surprise people but I do think there's some truth in it unfortunately. We can't be quite as 2 dimensional in Europe and he certainly can't afford to be even slightly off the boil.....hence why he looked like he was carrying a gunshot wound for most of the game. I think we're going to sign Moult it seems and Maloney. Where exactly they fit in, who the duck knows.

And indeed, welcome back Kari. I think he could make a huge impact. Hope he can stay fit as Reynolds and O'Connor just doesn't look good in the middle.

Credit where its due the board have backed the manager & the squad is taking place, we look like we could be stronger this season.

We still want Moult & Maloney but I would rather have another central defender/midfielder, as I can't see where Maloney would fit in the team along with all the others players we have signed. I can only see him starting instead of Christie against Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He's exactly the type of player I love to see at Aberdeen. Isn't intimidated or interested in bumming up the two cheeks. You won't see him with a Celtic birthday cake or a Hun scarf over his head. Too busy trying to smash the c*nts
    marvellous...smash the c*unts indeed, please do Arnie

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast