+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I thought he was fine along with the rest of the defence,it was the midfield and forwards that were pysh today.
    Maynard raised the bar and brought the meaning of pysh to a whole new level that not a lot of people can reach, can't see a player in there at all......

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Class from Arnason today.
    He strolled through that.

Unfortunately everyone else thought that strolling was enough too.
    Yes. Agree. I was particularly impressed with Arnason's concentration. I watched him for a few spells in the game and he was really on it. Very Good performance. Sadly his @rse got an assist with the Killie goal.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Maynard raised the bar and brought the meaning of pysh to a whole new level that not a lot of people can reach, can't see a player in there at all......
    Although this is a thread about Arnason, and you should normally be pulled up for forum etiquette, I cannot argue with your assessment of Maynard. Pants!

Interesting to see whether he keeps his place tonight. In his post match interview he said he had just tried to keep it simple and hoped that was enough to keep his place in the team. Don't know if that was his decision or acting on instructions of Deek. Seems sensible as some of his Hollywood passes have been pretty wasteful in the few times he has been on the park prior to Saturday.

I still think there may be a bit of a cultural clash with him and Deek. Arnie seems very laid back and probably isn't seen as one of the boys. I still think he has a lot to give. Much as I have felt O'Connor has been reasonable I don't think playing centre half is his natural position and he seems to lack confidence letting his head go down if he makes a mistake etc.

i reckon its just dereks way of showing arnason that he's the boss. until he shows consistent good form he may be in and oot.

Quote Originally Posted by standfreelee View Post
    i reckon its just dereks way of showing arnason that he's the boss. until he shows consistent good form he may be in and oot.
    So all above say he strolled it, played well, solid performer.......then out the team. DM, never take to him.

aye possibly... before he came on tonight there was a weird bit of body language between the two

It looks like Aberdeen have signed a bunch of prima donnas, just a theory.

Arnason played okay tonight when he came on. How the **** Reynolds started is a complete mystery. Maybe McInnes thought because Motherwell play early long balls to their strikers , we needed his pace. Sometimes McInnes outthinks himself.

Scores for Iceland tonight!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast