shopify analytics
+ Visit Leeds United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alioski is number 9

Alioski is number 9

Not striker, but signing!

Got high hopes for this guy, double figures both goals and assists last season, says his best position is right wing, sounds good to me!

Kinhell..we are rampant

Rev mate, this club has been crying out for us to do a transfer window properly, looks like this might be the one, OK they're all foreign but there aren't many clubs all or mostly British anymore unfortunately

Wiedwald
    ?
    ?
    Jansson
    ?
    Alioski
    Sacko
    Anita
    Klich
    Saiz
    Ekuban

You've almost got a signed lineup already and the tour hasn't started yet, I ain't included gomez as he's been bought to start in the u23s apparently, but things are looking very promising here, some clubs in our division have hardly started their recruitment yet!

Looks like we will have a plan B next season Clive

And if it keeps carrying on like this we will have a plan C.D.E....

Good times ahead..and boy oh boy have we had to wait!

The futures bright..the futures white.

MOT ALAW

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Rev mate, this club has been crying out for us to do a transfer window properly, looks like this might be the one, OK they're all foreign but there aren't many clubs all or mostly British anymore unfortunately
    "Doing a transfer window properly" = signing a host of unknowns who happen (in most cases), to be "connected" in one way or another to a newly appointed DoF who had to be manhandled out of the changing room of his last club before being sacked.

No problem with foreign players, would prefer more with experience of our play (doesn't matter if the game is "going in the European direction" it isn't there yet and we will have to play what we get put in front of). Would also prefer at least some names that I can pronounce without too much practice, and others seem able to do it, we can't (apparently), or more likely won't as long as Orta is DoF.

And right on cue the p1ss puts out the fire

Let's wait until the day before the season starts and then I'll list the best British 11 that have been bought by our fellow championship clubs and if I can find out, their prices, then we realise that we can't spend 50 million quid on players in one transfer window

I'm not saying this list is the most exciting list we've ever had, but let's face it, we tried buying British players and that didn't work, so let's give these unknowns a bloody chance!

Let's wait until the day before the season starts and then I'll list the best British 11 that have been bought by our fellow championship clubs and if I can find out, their prices, then we realise that we can't spend 50 million quid on players in one transfer window
    Not expecting an "English 11" Clive, but is no-one remembering the last time we "took a punt" on a bunch of players connected to a newly appointed mate of a new owner?

Seems that the mere fact were signing players (and giving them 4 year contracts!) is taken as a good thing, irrespective of their pedigree, why?

I'm not saying this list is the most exciting list we've ever had, but let's face it, we tried buying British players and that didn't work, so let's give these unknowns a bloody chance!
    When did we try "buying British players", in the recent (I'm talking decade) past? And I don't mind foreign players in principle, just prefer to see a squad that when made into a team won't be stepping out onto virgin territory as Championship players.

Just off the top of my head, when we had this bunch, they all had at least 2 seasons or more at our level EPLORSPL and were all at least 24 or older at the time

Gk green
    Fb ayling
    Fb warnock
    Cb Bartley
    Cb Pearce
    Wg thomas
    Wg dallas
    Cm bridcutt
    Cm Okane
    St sharp
    St morison

A British and Irish 11 all since we came back into the championship after promotion from lg1, if I'm right in saying too that 6 of those were full internationals and the other 5 were capped at youth level at some point

Just off the top of my head, when we had this bunch, they all had at least 2 seasons or more at our level EPLORSPL and were all at least 24 or older at the time

Gk green
    Fb ayling
    Fb warnock
    Cb Bartley
    Cb Pearce
    Wg thomas
    Wg dallas
    Cm bridcutt
    Cm Okane
    St sharp
    St morison

A British and Irish 11 all since we came back into the championship after promotion from lg1, if I'm right in saying too that 6 of those were full internationals and the other 5 were capped at youth level at some point
    OK, I'll give you the combination of countries to make up the 11, but then you're making my point, with some (the majority) of those you name, we had our best finish for quite some time

Bingo! knew I'd get it.

Get what? Lol

Another clown i suppose, for the big top.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Doing a transfer window properly" = signing a host of unknowns who happen (in most cases), to be "connected" in one way or another to a newly appointed DoF who had to be manhandled out of the changing room of his last club before being sacked.

No problem with foreign players, would prefer more with experience of our play (doesn't matter if the game is "going in the European direction" it isn't there yet and we will have to play what we get put in front of). Would also prefer at least some names that I can pronounce without too much practice, and others seem able to do it, we can't (apparently), or more likely won't as long as Orta is DoF.
    You do realise because you don't know them, doesn't make them unknown.

Get what? Lol
    Silentman is now officailly our resident comedian clive..do keep up mate

LOL fairynuff, O well, I'm looking forward to seeing if our Newby unknowns can do the biz, I see they've made it compulsory to learn the Leeds salute and our top phrases like MOT and alaw and others, quite funny actually but it gets them used to what the Leeds united culture is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    You do realise because you don't know them, doesn't make them unknown.
    And I get accused of being patronising!!!.

I don't mean to suggest (and never have) that because I don't happen to know them, they are unknown. IF I could be arsed, which I can't because the comment is just too bloody stupid to warrant it, I could trawl through innumerable posts, articles, media blurb etc and find comments similar to those I made, and no-one suggests that "because you don't know them, doesn't make them unknown" to any of the authors of those materials.

ALAW, don't make me laugh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast