+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RedTV - not even 1 game in and its ƒucked

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Where are you logging in from?

If it's the UK then you will only get these options.

Find a way to be "abroad" and the international payment options should come up.
    Last year you didn't have to be "abroad" to get the International version. You do to watch it though.

Angry RedTV are just not good enough

RedTV sadly are just not up to it. I complained last year about the sound quality when the commentators are talking. It sounds so tinny like it was from really cheap speakers. They said it was to to with the vpn I was using which I accepted at the time. However it's not. The sound quality from the videos on the club site is just the same, really poor. I'm on a macbook but have listened on a PC too and channeled the sound through a decent sound system. It's just the same for me each time. Am I the only one that gets this low quality sound? And don't get me started on the quality of the stream...

I'm on holiday abroad at the moment, and tried to access RedTv unsuccessfully on Thu night.

I just have the standard £5.99 UK package, but should it have automatically detected I was abroad this week and given me the live footage of the game? Sure I did so two years back for the Riecka away game

As it turned out, I couldn't get into the RedTv website at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by weejoeharper View Post
    RedTV sadly are just not up to it. I complained last year about the sound quality when the commentators are talking. It sounds so tinny like it was from really cheap speakers. They said it was to to with the vpn I was using which I accepted at the time. However it's not. The sound quality from the videos on the club site is just the same, really poor. I'm on a macbook but have listened on a PC too and channeled the sound through a decent sound system. It's just the same for me each time. Am I the only one that gets this low quality sound? And don't get me started on the quality of the stream...
    Yes, it's obvious they are using amateur equipment.

No gain limiting

Like the whole club, it's embarrassingly unprofessional.

Witness the messages today about season tickets not going to be ready in time.

You can code and print 1,000 cards a day with a £4,000 printer. Why you need to blame the late delivery on a cheap outsourcing company is beyond me.

But then, this is the same company who knows it's sold out the south stand and doesn't open 4 turnstiles because they couldn't be arsed fitting the new readers to those turnstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    No F_t_H I don't believe it works like that, they've tightened up & I think you would still need an Intl subscription in the first place

BUT they opened it up to ALL RedTV subscribers on Thursday irrespective of location/subscription package so you should still have got it.

I do wonder if that's what caused the problems?
    I managed to see parts of the game and I was in florida. Got about 20 mins of each half. Not sure if I had crap internet or not which may have been my issue. I do however only have the standard version too

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Yes, it's obvious they are using amateur equipment.

No gain limiting

Like the whole club, it's embarrassingly unprofessional.

Witness the messages today about season tickets not going to be ready in time.

You can code and print 1,000 cards a day with a £4,000 printer. Why you need to blame the late delivery on a cheap outsourcing company is beyond me.

But then, this is the same company who knows it's sold out the south stand and doesn't open 4 turnstiles because they couldn't be arsed fitting the new readers to those turnstiles.
    The whole season ticket delay thing is quite embarrassing really, how long's that been now?

Not even a statement with an excuse. Very poor indeed.
    Let's see what happens on Thursday.

Well I hope it's open to all for free viewing whether international or U.K.

This is happening way too often, I have been a subscriber of red TV international for years now and i must admit I live in hope that one it will become a better service. I know the away games is out with the control of the club but this latest shambolic service from the club is really pissing me off. I donate 8.99 per month to receive the service of red TV international and to be honest I would pay what ever it needs in order for me to be able to watch the games, but in all honesty the service or shall I say lack of service is totally shambolic and unacceptable, I hope the club are reading some of the posts on here and maybe just MAYBE they might decide to try and do something about it. I have given up sending complaint emails to them as they do sweet fk all apart from continue to take my monthly donation 😡😡😡😡😡
    Totallypissedoffdotcom

I've subscribed for 3 years now, and in the main have been happy enough with the service. It would be good if the coverage was comprehensive as it's annoying sometimes when there's only audio coverage for some games. Would also be good if the full match replays were uploaded quicker, as it's usually difficult to hold off from finding out the score for a whole evening before they become available quite late at night.

I've had some issues with it not loading and cutting out part way through games but not too often thankfully. Another slight annoyance is that I just got an email last week saying they have automatically renewed my annual subscription of £85 without asking me first. I would have renewed anyway, but would have liked to have been asked. I guess I probably watched near enough 30 live games last year, and most of the highlights from Development League and lots of interviews, so when you work it all out its decent value for money. Hope Thursdays game is on live as it's a huge match that could set the tone for the season one way or another.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast