+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Free Football T.V

Free Football T.V

I am really not happy with the snapets of football we get on terrestrial TV.
    Lets start with the BBC and the Prem-I sit down to watch football focus it just seems rushed with the indepth interview of the week lasting 5 mins. The BBC 'gem' of showing the games 'Gary Lineker's Match of the Day seems so squeezed that when a match comes on you know if the teams is attacking it's either a goal, leads to a goal (corner or Penalty), or a great save, or it hits the woodwork, or it's cleared off the line. It just sees so crammed with more time spent on Alan Shearer talking about the game than showing the game.
    As for the Championship and the other two leagues on Channel 5 that overlaps Match of the Day-Great planning football TV people! Well what is that mixed up montage of clips from some games of the Championship or is it all the games cause it is so slap dash with a game given 15 mins then some given 5 mins and a round up of 1 min games. They have an audience like their copying Soccer Saturday from Sky but it again feels like it is being rushed.
    And I for one feel short changed!! Is it just me????

Quote Originally Posted by kensleftfoot View Post
    I am really not happy with the snapets of football we get on terrestrial TV.
    Lets start with the BBC and the Prem-I sit down to watch football focus it just seems rushed with the indepth interview of the week lasting 5 mins. The BBC 'gem' of showing the games 'Gary Lineker's Match of the Day seems so squeezed that when a match comes on you know if the teams is attacking it's either a goal, leads to a goal (corner or Penalty), or a great save, or it hits the woodwork, or it's cleared off the line. It just sees so crammed with more time spent on Alan Shearer talking about the game than showing the game.
    As for the Championship and the other two leagues on Channel 5 that overlaps Match of the Day-Great planning football TV people! Well what is that mixed up montage of clips from some games of the Championship or is it all the games cause it is so slap dash with a game given 15 mins then some given 5 mins and a round up of 1 min games. They have an audience like their copying Soccer Saturday from Sky but it again feels like it is being rushed.
    And I for one feel short changed!! Is it just me????
    Seems like it must be mate!

The coverage we get out here is pretty good [US] and the punditry is not really overdone, mainly I think because the personalities were not top players so they are not quite so arrogant in their approach. That is if you stick with the Prem league games, once you stray into anything involving Alexi Lalas though all bets are off. What a complete tool that man is. Luckily most all of the games he covers are on the Spanish channels as well so that's were I go to watch. I would go to a Chinese channel to avoid listening to that tosser!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Seems like it must be mate!

The coverage we get out here is pretty good [US] and the punditry is not really overdone, mainly I think because the personalities were not top players so they are not quite so arrogant in their approach. That is if you stick with the Prem league games, once you stray into anything involving Alexi Lalas though all bets are off. What a complete tool that man is. Luckily most all of the games he covers are on the Spanish channels as well so that's were I go to watch. I would go to a Chinese channel to avoid listening to that tosser!
    Yeah, it seems to be just me! Maybe it's because I don't post very often in the 10 years I have been a member of this forum....

Yeah, some of the football streams I get watching the Wolves come from the US and what really matters is the quality of the picture. To be honest I usually out making a cup of tea at half-time so I have not concentrated on your pundits.
    But this post I should have really posted in the football season when the programmes I am referring to are on air-I 'may' have got some replies????

Quote Originally Posted by kensleftfoot View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be just me! Maybe it's because I don't post very often in the 10 years I have been a member of this forum....

Yeah, some of the football streams I get watching the Wolves come from the US and what really matters is the quality of the picture. To be honest I usually out making a cup of tea at half-time so I have not concentrated on your pundits.
    But this post I should have really posted in the football season when the programmes I am referring to are on air-I 'may' have got some replies????
    Maybe, it seems a bit hit and miss just lately. Any way don't stop posting mate, we seem to be a dying breed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)