+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: o/t Critically acclaimed actors who you think are crap.

Any actor who can't play a variety of roles with equal conviction is, to my mind, a mundane or 'crap' thespian.

Depp and a multitude of others fits neatly into this slot. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was a notable exception whether in a starring role or as a support in the background quietly and without ostentation propping up a poor script.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Jackson, Washington? Surprised you didn't throw Morgan Freeman in while you were at it

Great actors all three imo. Jackson in Django unchained was brilliant, Washington is a true acclaimed actor that has proven himself in many films. As for Morgan Freeman, the best of them all.

No, I quite like Morgan Freeman.

Adam Sandler has done some truly awful films but if you watch him in Reign Over Me it proves that he is a great actor. People just remember him for the 50 odd terrible films he has made.

I suppose the same can be said for Denzel and Samuel L Jackson. They have both been in rubbish such as Snakes On A Plane and The Mighty Quinn but they are undeniably outstanding in the likes of The Hurricane and The Negotiator.

Denzel Washington is truly brilliant in Training Day. You can see Ethan Hawke struggling to keep up.
    Tom Hardy is an absolute joke, good looking and charming but mumbles and keeps churning out one dimensional ****e. The he's earned millions reasoning doesn't stand up. Adam Sandler and The Spice Girls are millionaires. Doesn't make them any good just means that mass markets will but any old crap.

Jason Statham

Tom Hardy just like that other acclaimed actor Christian Bale has also invented his own accent that doesn't exist in real life, in Hardy's case a sort of Posh Es***-Welsh concoction.

Sean Connery
    Sean Bean
    Kevin Costner

Tom Hardy was good as the Krays especially Ronnie. Films any form of acting same as music can anything new be done that's been done better than before. I'm looking at it from remembering back to the 60's. Younger people will find new acts relevant to them.

Even sport is the same. Wimbledon: Conners & McEnroe can't be bettered for me for excitement.

As trigger famously said:

Ghandi, he makes one good film and you never hear of him again.

Seriously though I'd say Liam Neeson and Sean Bean. I'm pretty sure Odysseus didn't have a Sheffield accent in real life!

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    As trigger famously said:

Ghandi, he makes one good film and you never hear of him again.

Seriously though I'd say Liam Neeson and Sean Bean. I'm pretty sure Odysseus didn't have a Sheffield accent in real life!
    He also didn't speak English or have a airplane ✈️ in the background lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast