+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: England v Sout Africa 2nd Test Trent Bridge

4 overs and England survive ending the day 1 for 0, be harder tomorrow

Looks a lot like one each!

Looks like a sunny day so maybe not so much swing, but the spinners might be a different story. As you say BT it isn't looking good. 474 would be a world record!

Can England set a world record ? would be nice wouldn't it, a very sunny day in Nottingham Colner and a batting pitch, just them bowlers we have to look out for.

Jennings bowled by Phlilander for 3, England 4 for 1, this may be a quick day, Ballance coming in, can he give us any ?

The eternal optimist thinks that we won't get 200 -----I hope that I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The eternal optimist thinks that we won't get 200 -----I hope that I am wrong.
    My thoughts too Sub, we'll either fold like a paper cup or get the runs, 1% we'll get the runs

Ballance gone for 4 lbw to Philander, 28 for 2.

They are bowling really well and, as has been pointed out by the commentary team, they have got the length right, something which we struggle with these days because we seem to have an obsession with bowling too short.
    It was always easy in my playing days when the maxim was to bowl at the stumps -- they miss --you hit. Nothing complicated.

Lunch on the 4th day and England struggle to 79 for the loss of Cook, Jennings, Ballance and Root.

Bairstow (12) and Stokes (5) trying to hold fast.

Yes an easier game in our youth Sub, but made much more interesting these days, Like Cycling with Sinkov and Co saying the rules for that are intricate yet it makes it a more fascinating sport.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)