+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 18 man squad

The 18 man squad

Lets assume Bell is leaving. Also ill leave Donaldson in there as it seems Quinn doesnt come in until he goes.

Only 2 spaces left in Ray's 18 man squad but I am thinking surely he will need to squeeze that up to 19/20 minimum to feel comfortable?

Rumours of Stanton are there and Ray has already mentioned the need for another 1 or maybe 2 strikers along with a central midfielder. Squad will take shape if we get Quinn, a creative midfielder who can play deep and another player up top. Also wouldnt say no to Stanton. Played well against us last season. Can play wide and centrally too. Good dribbler.

1 Lewis
    2 Murdoch
    3 Scobbie
    4 Durnan
    5 Edjenguele
    6 Toshney
    7 Flood
    8 King
    9 Fraser
    10 Mcmullan
    11 Keatings
    12 Robson
    13 N'Koyi
    14 Donaldson/Quinn?
    15 Briels
    16 Deniz

im assuming a few of the young players will be squad players
    Alladyce, the two smiths and ballantyne will probably bulk up the squad abitty

Letting Bell go is total madness,it's maybe the final nail in McKinnon's coffin but i refuse to believe he is sanctioning this deal.Our keeper is probably the only player we have left with any value so is this the culmination of the 5 year plan?.

Disagree on Bell, GB.

as with any manager it is recruitment that will determine when their coffin receives that final nail.

If the two goalies we’ve brought in cut the mustard then Bell’s leaving will be fine.

I think he’s overrated and his physical resilience is questionable. A lot of injuries. Plus the travelling from Annan area to St Andrews for training stuff makes me wonder how committed he is.

I think any move he makes could well be player led. He obviously likes living where he does and I’m sure if a move cane io that required less travelling then he’d be up for it

Stanton is basically the same player as Fraser imo. He is no winger. We need another quick wide man, a big target man and GOOD central midfielder. At a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    im assuming a few of the young players will be squad players
    Alladyce, the two smiths and ballantyne will probably bulk up the squad abitty
    Agreed... if not good enough shouldn't be there at all....and if they turn out to not be up to challenge they'll need moved on and replaced in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Disagree on Bell, GB.

as with any manager it is recruitment that will determine when their coffin receives that final nail.

If the two goalies we’ve brought in cut the mustard then Bell’s leaving will be fine.

I think he’s overrated and his physical resilience is questionable. A lot of injuries. Plus the travelling from Annan area to St Andrews for training stuff makes me wonder how committed he is.

I think any move he makes could well be player led. He obviously likes living where he does and I’m sure if a move cane io that required less travelling then he’d be up for it
    What i was meaning Frank is better the devil you know and i never thought he was out injured too often.Did you see what the Port Vale fan posted about Mehmet?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What i was meaning Frank is better the devil you know and i never thought he was out injured too often.Did you see what the Port Vale fan posted about Mehmet?.
    Looks like we are back to Szromnick and Zwick then.

However, as Port Vale play at a higher level than us and Southampton handed Lewis a 3 year contract the day before his loan, i want to see them in a competitive game before totally writing them off.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Did you see what Dundee United fans say/said about Armstrong/Erskine/Telfer/Spittal/Toshney/Fraser/Donaldson/Dillon/Daly/Anychunt?
    Makes Mehmet sound like Joe Ward.

Perhaps also a good chance of two loan players being added to the squad ?

So, do we have two wingers for the coming season ?

Sorry to see Bell go, but lets hope the two new keepers can fill his void.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)