+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 18 man squad

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Did you see what Dundee United fans say/said about Armstrong/Erskine/Telfer/Spittal/Toshney/Fraser/Donaldson/Dillon/Daly/Anychunt?
    Makes Mehmet sound like Joe Ward.
    You have got a point there,dead risky letting Bell go though and replacing him with less experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    You have got a point there,dead risky letting Bell go though and replacing him with less experience.
    GB you could blame RM for the new signings to replace Bell but you can't blame him for letting Bell go since he obviously made it clear he didn't want to stay. So it's not "risky letting him go" is it

As Chick said the Southampton lad has been given a new 3 year contract so they must rate him highly. Too early to write off these keepers imo

Stoke - you watching the game online? I have the new season optimism creeping in but not at game. Sounds like we are in total control using wings - by god who would have though it

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Stoke - you watching the game online? I have the new season optimism creeping in but not at game. Sounds like we are in total control using wings - by god who would have though it
    No, not watching this one 71. Got my lad coming over next week so just sorting stuff out for his accommodation etc.
    Keeping an eye on the scores though. At the end of the day for me it's not the results in this cup that matter, it's bedding down a formation and getting the players working well as a team so that when the league games come along we are ready for a flying start.

No there either and judging by radio , no missing much , couldn't get myself motivated to go today , hope that's no an omen for this season

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    No there either and judging by radio , no missing much , couldn't get myself motivated to go today , hope that's no an omen for this season
    my pre season optimisim has lasted all of 30 mins agree with stoke need to blood in players - sounds like our keeper had a howler of a pass for an open goal and durnan to rescue

2-0 now. Stanton fouled for pen which Keatings converts. First was McMullan

Decent start, refreshing to see so many new names on the teamsheet, will be interested to hear how we played, especially likes of the new GK

Who is Archie Thomas? Is he from Southampton as well?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Decent start, refreshing to see so many new names on the teamsheet, will be interested to hear how we played, especially likes of the new GK
    Forgettable first half with some good signs. Apart from the howler, Deniz had some good saves and was good to see the keeper come for a corner ball. McMullan continues his promise and some nice football to watch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)