+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stronger or weaker than when we won promotion to the championship

I think to judge this properly I used the players that were in the promoted team from league 2 and the compared them to the players that got relegated last year. Because no one knew at the time we would go up again and no one know what the team is like now.

Of course we had so many new faces then too evans did like to sign players didn't he
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 14-07-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Stronger apart from centre defence, all out attack win 5 - 4

The question is irrelevent really because the championship has moved on so much, any Millers team would struggle....unfortunately.

Weaker as we've not got the same manager who could when dealt with pressure, get blood from a stone.

Think back to Wembley 2-0 down at half time, do you think Warne could have got the same desire to win out of this new lot?

Not knocking the new set up as they've yet to play as a team but let's see how Warne performs in his first full season like Evo did.

I wish Warne all the best before anyone starts 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Weaker as we've not got the same manager who could when dealt with pressure, get blood from a stone.

Think back to Wembley 2-0 down at half time, do you think Warne could have got the same desire to win out of this new lot?

Not knocking the new set up as they've yet to play as a team but let's see how Warne performs in his first full season like Evo did.

I wish Warne all the best before anyone starts 😉
    I see your point brin but if we don't go 2-0 down we won't need a motivator like Evans. But my faith and optimism is because:

*The squad is young and talented who have championship experience.
    *Players like Taylor vaulks proctor who feel like they need to prove something to themselves and to other clubs.
    * Blackstock has gone
    * our training is looking intense and beneficial
    * our recruitment seems to have been thought out better (although I admit it's on the cheap)

Impossible to say without seeing them 10 or 12 games into the season. On paper not as good, but the previous man did spend and waste an obscene amount of money fulfilling all of our dreams.

But to get there on penalties against a team who are now non-league, suggests this time around the standard will be higher.

Lets hope someone can score 25+ goals

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    Impossible to say without seeing them 10 or 12 games into the season. On paper not as good, but the previous man did spend and waste an obscene amount of money fulfilling all of our dreams.

But to get there on penalties against a team who are now non-league, suggests this time around the standard will be higher.
    Zil or whatever your name is, there you go again having a dig at a successful outcome.
    Your hatred for Evans is beyond comprehension and it must really be a personal thing between you and he.

For me he didn't spend and waste an an obscene amount of money, he was presented with it by a chairman who had and fulfilled his dream of promotion.

Wasting money would have been spending say 2 million on one player. Evans brought in looked at players and got rid asap once he saw they weren't up to speed. How many clubs get lumbered with dead wood they can't offload once they've signed them having given them 2-3 years contracts? Oops! We just have done under Stubbs.

Have to agree never seen the Evans method used before but he got the desired results, promotion twice and retained Championship status so where's the blame in that?

What part of Evans role wasn't successful???

Answers on the back of a stamp I think ?

Arguably one of the best managers we've ever had.

He was paid to get results and he did that in fact he overachieved some need to get a grip.

No contest. This team is weaker and needs to build a team spirit that ensures winning games in the last few minutes of a match or displaying a never say due attitude as in the play off Final before a comparison can be made. Without a credible loan market that we can tap into now, its highly unlikely this team will compare well against the squad of Wembley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12