+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T, Italy's Nuclear option

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ahah. I do want to see, so explain it. Until then I'm calling BS on your over 25% of Italians working in the black economy (1 in 4 nationally, really?) and unless you can explain it to me I don't see what the hell that has to do with the EU.
    Personally I can believe it if it's anything like Greece.

My ex girlfriend was a Greek businesswoman and avoided all tax at all costs and many self employed Greeks do the same so no wonder the government went bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    Personally I can believe it if it's anything like Greece.

My ex girlfriend was a Greek businesswoman and avoided all tax at all costs and many self employed Greeks do the same so no wonder the government went bankrupt.
    Do not fear, anecdotal evidence man has arrived.

Jesus Christ almighty. 25% of the working Italian population do not work on the black economy. There might be pockets of the south (ie below Rome) where that is true but nationally no way. It is simply untrue. I don't know what else I can say.

I still don't understand what that has got to do with the EU
    I can see the connection clearly, if a large % are paying no tax, the Italian government cannot pay it's share of it's EU obligations and would not have need an EU loan to avoid bankruptcy if they did pay their taxes. I don't know about the 'black economy' but certainly tax evasion / avoidance is an issue in S Europe.

Do not fear, anecdotal evidence man has arrived.
    How is this an anecdote, it's first hand knowledge?

Another who doesn't like his view challenged and resorts to derision

Anyway the figures for Italians working 'in nero' are 19.7% in the South, 10% in the centre/north.

Highest is Calabria with 27%, lowest is Lombardia with 7.9%.

http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2015...l-suo/2060927/

Anyway the figures for Italians working 'in nero' are 19.7% in the South, 10% in the centre/north.

Highest is Calabria with 27%, lowest is Lombardia with 7.9%.

http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2015...l-suo/2060927/

And of course by it's very nature, the black economy figures can be relied upon to be accurate

And of course by it's very nature, the black economy figures can be relied upon to be accurate
    Fair point sorry for trying to get actual stats, let's just go with the ones BlackHorse pulled out his arse instead.

Fair point sorry for trying to get actual stats, let's just go with the ones BlackHorse pulled out his arse instead.
    Even if only on a regional level, you have to concede that your figures support his statement to a degree?

Even if only on a regional level, you have to concede that your figures support his statement to a degree?
    To what degree exactly Vlad?

Highest is Calabria with 27%
    Exceeds his quoted 25% and to quote the North and Central as an amalgamation could be misleading?

I don't TBH either way, but those not paying tax must be part of the black economy of which we speak and in not paying said taxes, they will be impacting the EU?
    Last edited by Vladpie; 18-07-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast