+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T, Italy's Nuclear option

... hi Vlad ... dp clearly has too much time on his hands and I can understand his incredulity even if it's somewhat naive. It's a lot like Greece. 'Official' figures are usually understated; but who am I to pass comment on anything. No doubt the board pc brigade will be on shortly professing a thirst for more knowledge. UPies

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    Exceeds his quoted 25% and you only quote two regions
    If memory serves there are twenty regions in Italy. The one with the highest number of black economy workers in the whole country is two percent above what he said is the national level. The one with the lowest number of black economy workers is 19% less than what he said is the national level.

The average for the centre and north which covers most of Italy's industrial output is 15% lower than what he said. The average for the agricultural south, where the problem of black economy is worse, is still 5% less than what he said.

If the highest is 27% but the average is 20%, we can infer that the others are not 25% or above.

If the stats from 1 region out of 20 back him up and stats from 19 regions out of 20 back me up, why should I concede anything to him? He should be conceding that he was wrong, surely?

I think that what you said and I haven't checked so apologies if I'm wrong, was along the lines of 'how doe s a black economy affect the Italians enjoyment of being in the EU' or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Not sure I understand the connection between black economy and EU membership.
    Here it is, they clearly derive benefit whilst 'probably' not paying what they should, who'd be unhappy with that?

The bottom line is that any government who wants to thrive economically, should pursue all tax due, Italians and Greeks, 'possibly' don't for reasons unknown, resources, corruption, both?
    Last edited by Vladpie; 18-07-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Here it is, they clearly derive benefit whilst 'probably' not paying what they should, who'd be unhappy with that?

The bottom line is that any government who wants to thrive economically, should pursue all tax due, Italians and Greeks, 'possibly' don't for reasons unknown, resources, corruption, both?
    Italy is a net contributor to the EU. I still don't get it.

Italy is a net contributor to the EU. I still don't get it.
    You're right but they have enjoyed a huge bail out, I wonder if they meet the min 2% of GDP for Nato?

Some surprisingly low contributors here, basically just 9 members are propping the whole lot up.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit...unding-2016-12

You're right but they have enjoyed a huge bail out, I wonder if they meet the min 2% of GDP for Nato?

Some surprisingly low contributors here, basically just 9 members are propping the whole lot up.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit...unding-2016-12
    NATO is nothing to do with what we're talking about, please expand on the bail out.

NATO is nothing to do with what we're talking about, please expand on the bail out.
    The bail out would not have happened if they were not EU members, it was done to stabilise the Euro and prevent the monetary union from collapsing. Until this loan is repaid, are they net contributors in the true sense?

The same with, Portugal, Greece and ROI
    Last edited by Vladpie; 18-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.

How is this an anecdote, it's first hand knowledge?

Another who doesn't like his view challenged and resorts to derision
    Best Post Ever.

As for The Black Horse, I think his posts are actually written by a horse. Not a very bright horse, but a horse nevertheless.

[QUOTE=BigFatPie;38590520]Best Post Ever.
    /QUOTE]

'Anecdote'

'an account regarded as unreliable or hearsay'.

I had factual knowledge which I passed on, it wasn't second hand or unreliable, a typical, brainless one liner AGAIN, from the calorie addicted one, true to form.

Just get your nose bag back on lard arse and FCUK right off

Let's see how long it takes the little gang to turn up en masse now that one of them is here and yes I did read this message as a one off just for curiosity, won't bother again, you're the one who put the dic in predictable, that is of course when it's not up Pugwash''s arse.
    Last edited by Vladpie; 18-07-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast