+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T, Italy's Nuclear option

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    The EU has directly allowed Italian banks to be rescued, regardless of how it was done. Governments are not supposed to be allowed to aid national companies with bailouts, that why our government did it by buying shared in HBOS.
    So what's the relevance to the original point? The EU didn't pay for the bail out so what did you bring it up for?

A court wouldn't say that if I gave the evidence, they may if it was third hand from you but I'd be a witness just like any other.

Based on what you're saying, any account from anyone is anecdotal, it's not, only if that account is second or third hand.
    It's not based on what I'm saying, Vlad, not even on here. There is near universal distrust of anecdotal evidence for many (good) reasons.

The court example you give doesn't work because courts don't try to extrapolate one incident to prove a theory. The correct analogy would be you saying that defendant Greek A must have not paid taxes because your friend Greek B didn't pay her taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    It's not based on what I'm saying, Vlad, not even on here. There is near universal distrust of anecdotal evidence for many (good) reasons.

The court example you give doesn't work because courts don't try to extrapolate one incident to prove a theory. The correct analogy would be you saying that defendant Greek A must have not paid taxes because your friend Greek B didn't pay her taxes.
    Regardless, I KNOW, that a great many self employed Greeks don't pay tax, over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    So what's the relevance to the original point? The EU didn't pay for the bail out so what did you bring it up for?
    Because Italy is failing and the EU has all but bailed it out by bending the rules to accommodate it, they may as well have given the money themselves.

Was it you that was accused of deliberately not wanting to understand, can't believe why?

I'm bored off this, we're driving up to the Arctic Circle tonight (really, 1500KM), enjoy the match tomorrow.
    Last edited by Vladpie; 18-07-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Regardless, I KNOW, that a great many self employed Greeks don't pay tax, over and out.
    The only way you could KNOW that would be if you'd audited their tax returns. Even if you had, what [an unspecified number of Greeks] did does not mean that's what all Greeks do, or even what the majority of Greeks do.

There is evidence that tax avoidance is a big problem in Greece, but what your ex did is not it.

Nice one Vlad, if you put "I KNOW" in capitals then it must be true.

"I KNOW" is the new "FACT"!

Interesting points about discussing the Greek tax issue here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33479946

Because Italy is failing and the EU has all but bailed it out by bending the rules to accommodate it, they may as well have given the money themselves.

Was it you that was accused of deliberately not wanting to understand, can't believe why?

I'm bored off this, we're driving up to the Arctic Circle tonight (really, 1500KM), enjoy the match tomorrow.
    Italy could bailed its banks out if it wasn't not on the EU, Italy is in the EU and bailed its banks out. Your point is a complete non sequitur and you haven't helped me understand the connection between black economy and EU membership at all.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Italy could bailed its banks out if it wasn't not on the EU
    Perhaps you ain't as bright as we all thought you were then?

Off to the Arctic

Perhaps you ain't as bright as we all thought you were then?

Off to the Arctic
    Yep when you've got no arguments left to cling to, that's a godsend really isn't it?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast