shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: v Basford

v Basford

Smith up front again!!

Notts first half XI v Basford: Collin; Richards, Duffy, Bird (T), Jones; Hodge (T), Hewitt, Howes, Osborne; Alessandra, Smith.‬

1-0 Dan Jones

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    1-0 Dan Jones
    Goal scoring defenders who are good from set pieces can be a real boon, has he got a goal scoring record as a defender?

Smith up front again!!

Notts first half XI v Basford: Collin; Richards, Duffy, Bird (T), Jones; Hodge (T), Hewitt, Howes, Osborne; Alessandra, Smith.‬

Seriously, what's the point of starting with Smudge up front?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    ....a bit worrying methinks

It's pre season very one in the squad for the first to or three games gets a 45 minute run out, the Wigan game will give an idea of the starting eleven for the first league game.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 15-07-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Goal scoring defenders who are good from set pieces can be a real boon, has he got a goal scoring record as a defender?
    He has 6 career goals in 264 matches. He took the free kick and it seems to have gone through a crowd of bodies.

GOAL! 2-0 to #Notts - a lovely effort from Alex Howes. The young midfielder snaked his way through the Basford defence and finished calmly.

I'm getting the hang of this Twitter malarkey....I've joined the 21st century

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    He has 6 career goals in 264 matches. He took the free kick and it seems to have gone through a crowd of bodies.
    Thanks, he won't be a regular scorer then it's fair to say unless he's been signed for his free kick expertise!!!

GOAL! 2-0 to #Notts - a lovely effort from Alex Howes. The young midfielder snaked his way through the Basford defence and finished calmly.

I'm getting the hang of this Twitter malarkey....I've joined the 21st century
    Are you watching it Tarkers?

Are you watching it Tarkers?
    Don't start me off...grrrr......iFollow says "live".....Notts FC say it's incorrect and "might" get sorted............simple answer......no I'm not watching.....Twitter updates only

Thanks, he won't be a regular scorer then it's fair to say unless he's been signed for his free kick expertise!!!
    If he turns out like Sheehan with dead ball situations then he might be very useful.

I've got the test match on via me dongle, England capitulating at the moment.

Second-half XI: Fitzsimmons (T), Tootle, Dearle, Hollis, Dickinson, Hawkridge, Thompson, Brown-Hill, Forte, Saunders (T), Stead.

Looks like KN saving Ameobi for Wednesday night.

Very unimpressive

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    It's pre season very one in the squad for the first to or three games gets a 45 minute run out, the Wigan game will give an idea of the starting eleven for the first league game.
    At the moment the team picks itself

The answer is we have no one else as back up

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Second-half XI: Fitzsimmons (T), Tootle, Dearle, Hollis, Dickinson, Hawkridge, Thompson, Brown-Hill, Forte, Saunders (T), Stead.

Looks like KN saving Ameobi for Wednesday night.
    Seriously?.......2 weeks into the pre-season friendlies we're "saving" our main striker for a mid-week fixture?......mmmmm

I thought these were professional footballers and we were trying to make sure they're fit!!

This does give the impression of a threadbare squad

Full time 2-0.....Basford had a fair few good chances according to Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast