+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham v Barnsley, Jul 29th

Rotherham v Barnsley, Jul 29th

Ok Millers fans, we're only a fortnight away from the big derby ding-dong on the 29th, when we visit your place for the last 'proper' friendly before the new season starts.
    As good as it feels right now to be actually watching and talking/posting about football again (instead of the tiresome & tedious political stuff), its still hard to make any big decisions on what are just friendly results at the moment.
    But having said that, how do you lot think your pre-season is shaping up right now ?.

Unbeaten so far against weak opposition so it's difficult to judge.
    Definitely a big step up against you.

We're at the start of a building process so it's gonna take time but it's looking better.

Hope you boys do well next season

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Unbeaten so far against weak opposition so it's difficult to judge.
    Definitely a big step up against you. We're at the start of a building process so it's gonna take time but it's looking better.
    Hope you boys do well next season. UTM
    We haven't won a friendly yet, but our pre-season started properly today when we went to Grimsby. And its good to see us playing proper league teams now instead of non-league or unknown Hungarian second-11 teams!.

And cheers Yak if you mean that, I obviously hope we stay up next/this season and that will indeed be 'doing well' for us because the Champship is getting impossible now for teams of our size. In fact its quite literally turning into the Premship Two (or whatever it will eventually be called).

What are your early thoughts on coming straight back up, and the play-offs are a possibility of course.

Yeah I meant it pal I've always thought of Barnsley as a proper football club with proper fans no glory hunters.
    I think if we finish top 10 that will be a good season tbh.
    Whatever happens I'll be there.
    UTM

Seems to me both clubs are in a similar position if sadly a division apart .

Total rebuilt squads that at this moment in time ask more questions than provide answers .

To tell the truth I'm apprehensive , we've lost some real quality these past 7 months , quality that had us 7th in January a point behind those lovable people at S6 .

Not even the carcass remains , the championship hyenas have eaten the lot , let's hope they haven't left us a pile of shyte to clean up as well .

Glass half full at best this side of Wath .

Yep agree with that just got to hope and pray and curse along the way.

Let's hope we both do well pal ?

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I think if we finish top 10 that will be a good season tbh. Whatever happens I'll be there.
    UTM
    Ive also chatted with the Blackburn fans this past season Yak, and Ive seen their comments and frustrations as well about going down to Lg One.
    Id say the same to your fans as well though, Lg One isnt the end of the world and it is a chance of some sorts.
    Its a chance to at least re-group as a team and win matches again, and get some confidence back again, and maybe win promotion even if it means by the play-offs.
    But this might take 2-3 seasons to achieve in all fairness, like it did for us/Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ive also chatted with the Blackburn fans this past season Yak, and Ive seen their comments and frustrations as well about going down to Lg One.
    Id say the same to your fans as well though, Lg One isnt the end of the world and it is a chance of some sorts.
    Its a chance to at least re-group as a team and win matches again, and get some confidence back again, and maybe win promotion even if it means by the play-offs.
    But this might take 2-3 seasons to achieve in all fairness, like it did for us/Barnsley.
    Yeh, i think most millers would accept a top ten spot at the moment, and to be honest, although i enjoyed the championship, it doesn't give many 'highs' in a season for teams like ours, so to drop into L1 and have a few more of them will be good for all of us millers. I really hope you have a good season again, like you say you've lost some talent but you never know, your manager has his head screwed on it seems, good luck and all that, hope we batter you in the friendly!!

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Yeh, i think most millers would accept a top ten spot at the moment, and to be honest, although i enjoyed the championship, it doesn't give many 'highs' in a season for teams like ours, so to drop into L1 and have a few more of them will be good for all of us millers. I really hope you have a good season again, like you say you've lost some talent but you never know, your manager has his head screwed on it seems, good luck and all that, hope we batter you in the friendly!!
    Once again Mill, tahh for that.
    And yes our Hecky (as we call him lol), is a Tyke through and through and hes getting the rug pulled from under him as a manager/coach right now. Know what I mean eh ?.
    Anyway the friendly is nailed on, it will be 4-4 after extra time and we'll thrash you on penalties.

Maybe we will get promoted again and see you in a real league match next year ether way all Rotherham Barnsley and shef u fans have something in common we all want to see Wednesday lose lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast