+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of fan are you?

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I don't think I fall into any of the options given.

I'm just a fan, I go every game regardless, not to go is never up for debate.

Sometimes I'm optimistic, sometimes pessimistic sometimes I think a players played very well when everyone else thinks he's had a shocker.
    It all boils down to what you think the clubs Future is like mate like I said there are soft and hard optimists.

Do you think the club is doomed and will never achieve anything for all time do you wake up with thoughts like it will never ever happen for us so what's the point. If so then your a pessimist if not then your some kind of optimist because there is always hope in a optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    If your not then I'm sorry but you never said what your more like ether
    I don't need to...and the bulk of the 800k went to Blackstock, believe me...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I don't need to...and the bulk of the 800k went to Blackstock, believe me...
    From what I heard he got 6 months wages so depending on what wages we pay him ( his dropped wages or full 8k -10k wages) the maths indicate the sum to be anything from 150k - 300k

Despite my 55 years of age football and BFC still has the capacity to turn me into a moron .

I can still turn saturday evening into a sulk and be off hand because we lost , my partner luckily gets it and accompanies me to Oakwell when she's not working , however the sulks seem to escape her .

Losing local derbies finds me at my most moronic , a defeat to those tw@ts down the road isn't pleasant and the tramps from Elland Road don't do it for me either .

The fans of those 3 clubs have to be the most arrogant around and I genuinely dislike em .

Nobody ever deserves to beat them , they played shyte right ?

I suppose the day I stop being a moron is the day the fire goes out , unfortunately it's burning as bright as ever .

Roll on august .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Despite my 55 years of age football and BFC still has the capacity to turn me into a moron .

I can still turn saturday evening into a sulk and be off hand because we lost , my partner luckily gets it and accompanies me to Oakwell when she's not working , however the sulks seem to escape her .

Losing local derbies finds me at my most moronic , a defeat to those tw@ts down the road isn't pleasant and the tramps from Elland Road don't do it for me either .

The fans of those 3 clubs have to be the most arrogant around and I genuinely dislike em .

Nobody ever deserves to beat them , they played shyte right ?

I suppose the day I stop being a moron is the day the fire goes out , unfortunately it's burning as bright as ever .

Roll on august .
    Exactly how i feel mate, exactly.

I'm like 1000s of other fans who support unglamorous football clubs who's successes tend to be in little bursts once a decade or so. I appreciate them when they come around and they fill me with joy when they do.

I go to just about every game we play knowing we might get beat that day and for the last 3 seasons thinking we probably would. Again its been a lovely feeling when we've beaten sides who's resources/fan base totally dwarfs ours.

I know who my club is and it runs through my veins. I love Rotherham United and accept who we are.

Id love a Billionaire to invest in us and take us on a journey but I wouldn't ever lose sleep if it never happens.

I made a choice to support my team. My Dad took me to my first game 36 years ago, thanks Dad.

It must be so easy being a Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd/Liverpool fan, knowing pretty much for certain you're going to win nearly every home game and most aways.

It would be so easy to support one of those instead of my Millers.

Good grief, Heaven forbid.

Just had a weeks holiday on the yorkshire coast .

Stood at the bar one night and a lad with a replica Man City shirt came up and ordered a pint .

The shirt was the old red n black striped one that older fans may remember and had the 1969 FA cup final commemorated on it .

I asked if he attended games these days and he said not a chance .

He liked the success but hated what the club had become , he harped back to the days at Maine Road stood on the Kippax watching Tueart , Barnes , Lee , Bell etc etc .

He hated the money , the Etihad stadium and the souless fans who occupy it every week .

Fascinating conversation and food for thought .

As a student in Manchester I lived vertually next the "Cliff" and watched the Cantona / Coles team training lots - I also attended many ManU & City home games - midweek especially.

I also recently had the pleasure of sampling Liverpools new entertainment suites at one of their home games.

The fans were a mixed all the above games - every game -fans were booing players / happy clappers / hate the manager / hate tactics / beer warm - coffee cold....you name it - all of the above!

I have attended major crowds at Trafford and Main road when you could hear a penny drop and individuals ripping into the manager / isolated players.

So - support your local club ! And build your own atmosphere ! Don't wait for others to do it for you ( just keep it clean )

Take what you can from the success and forget the dissapointing bits.

It's NOT easy being a Man U / Chelsea fan as these have standards to keep - take note of the Arsenal fans....pathetic but they pay their money ( lots of it ) they can say their bit ( right or wrong ).

There's even the breakaway ManUtd team of the true supporters....madness but whatever floats your boat.

At my age I enjoy a bit of quality - my comfy chair a nice malt and appreciate quality football.

Can't stand league two football and borderline league one. It's gonna be a tough year watching this "entertaining" football. We'll see.

Lifelong happy clapper - changed into a more selective clapper.

PS : That City kit is my all time favourite kit ! As played in 1969 cup final v Leicester and our Rod Fern. Colin Bell being one of my hero's

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post

PS : That City kit is my all time favourite kit ! As played in 1969 cup final v Leicester and our Rod Fern. Colin Bell being one of my hero's
    That kit was "nicked" from AC Milan!

I'm a soft optimist but never have, never will feel we are the best team in the world. We are my own town side so they get my support. Sheffield supporters from Rotherham if it's that good in Sheffield go & live there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast