+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlsberg weekend

Carlsberg weekend

Watching the English BT commentators greeting as Man City get beaten. They can't believe any team could beat them, complete disrespect to Lyon.
    Another beer please barman!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Watching the English BT commentators greeting as Man City get beaten. They can't believe any team could beat them, complete disrespect to Lyon.
    Another beer please barman!
    Aye, Dembele ragged them about like an SPFL side 🤣🤣 that miss from Sterling Oyf! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Aye, Dembele ragged them about like an SPFL side 🤣🤣 that miss from Sterling Oyf! 😂
    Sterling's miss reminded me of Linekers airshot in front of goal at Tannadice 😁

Believe me, there are thousands of English football fans laughing at man city, commentators painting a picture of whole of England behind city is total bull.
    Love it when the big spenders fail, its like there should be a public enquiry!!
    Well done to Lyon, pity its bayern next, they are fearsome.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan123 View Post
    Believe me, there are thousands of English football fans laughing at man city, commentators painting a picture of whole of England behind city is total bull.
    Love it when the big spenders fail, its like there should be a public enquiry!!
    Well done to Lyon, pity its bayern next, they are fearsome.
    Fair comment mate. For me it was the commentator Darren Fletcher with his attitude that how could wee Lyon possibly beat Man City. "This can't be happening" type of stuff. Been impressed with Rio Ferdinand on there though, he's turned into a good analyst.

Fair comment mate. For me it was the commentator Darren Fletcher with his attitude that how could wee Lyon possibly beat Man City. "This can't be happening" type of stuff. Been impressed with Rio Ferdinand on there though, he's turned into a good analyst.
    How are things going in sunny Spain mate?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    How are things going in sunny Spain mate?.
    Tbh GB when you come to Spain in August for a holiday you lap it up on the beach but when you live here you stay in with the aircon on and count down to September. Saying that I have been known to head to the local beach bar at night when it's a bit cooler 😁
    Watching wall to wall football at the moment and loving it but the party's over next week and it's back to work. You have to wear a mask everywhere outdoors at the moment as well except when you're in a bar or restaurant, nightmare in the heat. I can get Scotch pies in Iceland but they're not great, probably made in Nottingham by Lithuanians, too salty and not peppery enough.
    But no complaints 🧡🍺🌴, better than a wet Tuesday night in Stoke.

Tbh GB when you come to Spain in August for a holiday you lap it up on the beach but when you live here you stay in with the aircon on and count down to September. Saying that I have been known to head to the local beach bar at night when it's a bit cooler ��
    Watching wall to wall football at the moment and loving it but the party's over next week and it's back to work. You have to wear a mask everywhere outdoors at the moment as well except when you're in a bar or restaurant, nightmare in the heat. I can get Scotch pies in Iceland but they're not great, probably made in Nottingham by Lithuanians, too salty and not peppery enough.
    But no complaints ������, better than a wet Tuesday night in Stoke.
    I could not eat English food(down south i mean)when i joined the army in 1979,i was examined by a doctor and he asked me where i was from in Scotland,when i told him the area he said,"You come from a place that produces the best meat in the world and you are not used to the fayre served up down here."
    He said that to stay in the army you must ask your mother to send stuff down from Scotland or you will most likely be discharged.My mum probably could not bear the thought of me returning home to the Thatcher years so she would go to Wallaces and buy a dozen onion bridies,freeze them and post them frozen through Royal Mail.
    My English comrades had never seen or tasted a bridie in their life's but asked me to get her to put more of them in the post.Phuck know's how much it cost her but it did save my career and improved my relations with the English boy soldiers,we were all aged about 16 or 17 in that year.

The greatest league in the world? Sky. Com.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I could not eat English food(down south i mean)when i joined the army in 1979,i was examined by a doctor and he asked me where i was from in Scotland,when i told him the area he said,"You come from a place that produces the best meat in the world and you are not used to the fayre served up down here."
    He said that to stay in the army you must ask your mother to send stuff down from Scotland or you will most likely be discharged.My mum probably could not bear the thought of me returning home to the Thatcher years so she would go to Wallaces and buy a dozen onion bridies,freeze them and post them frozen through Royal Mail.
    My English comrades had never seen or tasted a bridie in their life's but asked me to get her to put more of them in the post.Phuck know's how much it cost her but it did save my career and improved my relations with the English boy soldiers,we were all aged about 16 or 17 in that year.
    Great story. I miss a decent pie, there was a butcher in Stoke that sold proper Scottish pies, well worth the detour and even Morrisons made a decent effort at one point but I dont think wee Rosa my grumpy postie would be very impressed if I tried to smuggle the real thing over in the mail. There's no four star Spanish jails 😁
    But there's an English carvery not far away and I'm quite partial to roast beef and Yorkshire pudding now and again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)