+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farrend Rawson

Farrend Rawson

We has fans of the Millers know Farrend Rawson had a good spell both times on loan at the club, & I like many others would have liked to have thought a good signing for the Millers.
    Currently on loan at Coventry City from his parent club Derby County until 31stMay 2017, but his 3 year contract at Derby County runs out 30th June 2017.
    Southend United tried to buy him from Derby County, but the Rams turned the offer down, current transfer value price showing at £170,000 has January 2017, but when at the Millers on loan a valuation of £85,000 in February 2016.

Rawson would be a good asset to the Millers squad, aged 20 years, a big strong lad who would strengthen the squad next season.
    The Millers ought to get a bid in, maybe Derby County might take a offer of around £200,000, when his contract expires.

I'd much sooner go for the lad,Ajayi, we have on loan from Cardiff,he has got all the attributes in a centre half we want.Our recruitment man should be going all out for him.He is quick,tall,reads the game well and alongside Bellaid we would have a central defence as good as any we have had for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I'd much sooner go for the lad,Ajayi, we have on loan from Cardiff,he has got all the attributes in a centre half we want.Our recruitment man should be going all out for him.He is quick,tall,reads the game well and alongside Bellaid we would have a central defence as good as any we have had for a long time.
    Bill…fair point..

Problem solved, sign em both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Problem solved, sign em both.
    Yes i agree both would be good signings . I do worry though it will be lg 1 and player tend to get bullied a bit especially younger players. Maybe Cardiff would look to loan AJayi out again to us for a season. Depends on Belaid,Broadfoot,Wood. I can see Broadfoot been released.

Agree try and sign them both but can't see Cardiff letting Ajayi go tbh
    I'd consider getting rid of Belaid, how many games does he actually play?

No we need to develop Belaid, he could make a lot of cash for the club.

I know we're not very bright in transfer dealings, Eric, but surely even we wouldn't pay £200,000 for an out of contract player

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    I know we're not very bright in transfer dealings, Eric, but surely even we wouldn't pay £200,000 for an out of contract player
    Hello Leedsmiller, I saw the mistake this morning, I was thinking that end of the loan at Coventry City, after seeing the Daily Telegraph had put Rawsons contract with Derby county ends summer 2018, which I think they have got wrong.

So go get Rawson if possible on a free transfer, with a decent signing on fee, with I would think other clubs will be looking at this player.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    We would still need to pay Derby some compensation because of his age. The same happened with Forde this season, technically he signed on a free at the end of his contract but we paid Walsall compensation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast