+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Široki Brijeg v Aberdeen

Leave McLean at home and we've got a real chance.

Otherwise we've got a poof in midfield.

For me McLean was the gayest midfielder in the village!!!! Last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Exactly,someone said on here the other day he is our best striker since Shearer who also did little of note apart from score.Bit before my time but I've been told Harper was the same.

Rooneys 77 goals have won us a hell of a lot of games,I would rather have a striker who scores goals than one who contributes other skills but doesn't score as much.
    It's a matter of perception mostly. It's sometimes hard to pinpoint what Rooney actually 'has'.

Shearer was an emphatic and instinctive finisher and seemed to put away chances that were less than 50/50. His goal against United in the virtual relegation playoff comes to mind but another classic example would be the opener against the h*ns in the 2-0 win early in 93/94.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    His goal against United in the virtual relegation playoff comes to mind but another classic example would be the opener against the h*ns in the 2-0 win early in 93/94.
    Jeesus is it really that long ago?

Anyway I'm not advocating that we play Rooney but I'm just not convinced that Stockley has a great deal much more to offer and when you have someone like that in your side playing the loan striker there is a tendency to start hoofing balls up to him if all isn't going to plan. If it's not working and he then has to to come off, the team then are out of shape and have to start again.

Stockleys 'stock' appears to have risen because he rearranged a castlemilk ale boys face with his elbow. Can't quite get my head around that.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    It's a matter of perception mostly. It's sometimes hard to pinpoint what Rooney actually 'has'.

Shearer was an emphatic and instinctive finisher and seemed to put away chances that were less than 50/50. His goal against United in the virtual relegation playoff comes to mind but another classic example would be the opener against the h*ns in the 2-0 win early in 93/94.
    Rooney is also an emphatic finisher, in fact his goals to games ratio is better than Shearers,

Rooney 154 games 77 goals = a goal every 2 games

Shearer 194 games 79 goals = a goal every 2.45 games

How many times are people going to bring up these useless Rooney stats?

He scores 8 goals from open play in the league last season. Crap. Take deflecting Hayes crosses out of the equation and he's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Take deflecting Hayes crosses out of the equation and he's finished.
    Who's to say he won't deflect in crosses from Christie, GMS or Stewart?

Can't quite see your logic there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Fairly confident on this one, we can play a lot better doubt they can, i would start with

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
    Mclean Shinnie
    Stewart Christie GMS
    Stockley

Rooney was gettinh nothing from the CB's last week think like Tims in final Stockley can rough them up aslong as he does it without his flailing elbows. Dropping Tansey this game as Mclean and Shinnie know each others game better and this is a massive game for us.

Praying we win as a wanna go to Cyprus
    in that team change Mclean out for Tansey and I think we have a winning team

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Who's to say he won't deflect in crosses from Christie, GMS or Stewart?

Can't quite see your logic there.
    He doesn't like Rooney,as someone else said clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    How many times are people going to bring up these useless Rooney stats?

He scores 8 goals from open play in the league last season. Crap. Take deflecting Hayes crosses out of the equation and he's finished.
    I know the rules no text chat and all that but on this occasion i have to say this comment above did literally make me LOL
    Think there should be a special award for the level of pure stupidity associated with that comment

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast