+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Široki Brijeg v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Whats with the Mclean hatred im seeing on this thread?
    Not much hatred really. Myself and blow up sheep suggested he should be a sub and donsdaft chipped in with his usual nonsense which every one knows to ignore and everything else is quite positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I dont understand why its McLean. Any talk of him going to Sevco has so far been purely WCM rag talk. McLean is a hun, theres no doubt, but i have never questioned his commitment to us, yet he has 1 bad game after all this paper talk and somehow he must be dropped? I mean jesus christ, he was excellent last season and is arguably one of our best players. We could speculate all day about what his career intentions are or whether he wants to go to the huns or not, but he is an Aberdeen player, is contracted as one, so lets get behind him.
    I'll be honest, I think it's very unlikely he'll sign a new contract otherwise he would have by now...therefore I'd have sold him.

That said, he has a poor game on Thursday but he was trying. Being match unfit made a difference to all the players.

He started off slowly with us but mainly due to him being played out of position. He has been very good since. He isn't Hayes though. Theres folk on here that see him as the yardstick.

To be fair on the anti McLean brigade apart from Joe Lewis every other player is disliked by at least 1 fan. Possibly Shinnie isn't either but I have heard and read murmurs the last 6 months from a few that gives me the impression it wont be long until he starts getting grief as well.

Quite surprising really considering how well we have done the last few years that there aren't many players who dont get stick, or has it always been like this but it wasn't as obvious pre social media days?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    To be fair on the anti McLean brigade apart from Joe Lewis every other player is disliked by at least 1 fan. Possibly Shinnie isn't either but I have heard and read murmurs the last 6 months from a few that gives me the impression it wont be long until he starts getting grief as well.

Quite surprising really considering how well we have done the last few years that there aren't many players who dont get stick, or has it always been like this but it wasn't as obvious pre social media days?
    To be fair, Shinnie didn't have his best game last Thursday.
    That's not me being negative though, just fact and realisation it was the first game of the season.

Wheres a statto?

How many winners has Rooney scored us in his time here?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    To be fair, Shinnie didn't have his best game last Thursday.
    That's not me being negative though, just fact and realisation it was the first game of the season.
    I heard a few people last season saying he dives in too much and is a red card waiting to happen, little digs and comments like that are usually how it starts and why I think it wont be long before some fans will be on his back like the rest of the players.

Not me though as I think he is a superb player

I heard a few people last season saying he dives in too much and is a red card waiting to happen, little digs and comments like that are usually how it starts and why I think it wont be long before some fans will be on his back like the rest of the players.

I agree, he has so much energy and drive in our midfield, its why DM cannot take him out from there.
    Although he did go left midfield when we went 4-4-1-1 last week.

He sometimes does dive in and gets caught out. Happened twice in the cup final .

Thankfully I haven't heard any bile directed towards Shinnie but nothing surprises me inside Pittodrie.

Will never forget a game the season after we won the ECWC and Strachan (long before he turned to the dark side) was having a kickaround with some kids just in front of the South Stand. Anyway he lets this kid nutmeg him and a guy in front of us leaps up in the air hysterically laughing and shouting... Aye Strachan yer S***E.... now f**k off and DIE.

Now THATS gratitude.

I think Derek wil start with same formation and personnel as home game, with the exception of Rooney who will be replaced with either Stockley, Stewart or Maynard depending on fitness levels, with Rooney coming on and us going to more 4-3-3 if we're needing goals towards the end.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast