+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Široki Brijeg v Aberdeen

Široki Brijeg v Aberdeen

Guess it's fair to say it wasn't the result most of us were expecting on Thursday. Hope the away goal doesn't do too much damage to our chances to go through to the next round and a likely trip to Cyprus.

Greg Stewart has to to start in my opinion, he looked like the kinda player we've been crying out for. I'd like to see Kenny Mclean benched on Thursday. GMS is a tricky one for me, he was poor last week but I would like to think we will see a lot more out of him once he's settled a bit.

Start with the tempo that we did at Pittodrie, hopefully get an early goal and then soak up the pressure after that and most importantly work on keeping possession.

In/Out - In
    Furryboots - away section
    Pre-match - drinking responsibly
    Post-match - drinking irresponsibly
    Prediction - 2-1 Rooney scores a winning penalty

That's a bit harsh on GMS,he done ok considering he signed 24 hours earlier and is no where near match fit.

Fairly confident on this one, we can play a lot better doubt they can, i would start with

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
    Mclean Shinnie
    Stewart Christie GMS
    Stockley

Rooney was gettinh nothing from the CB's last week think like Tims in final Stockley can rough them up aslong as he does it without his flailing elbows. Dropping Tansey this game as Mclean and Shinnie know each others game better and this is a massive game for us.

Praying we win as a wanna go to Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Fairly confident on this one, we can play a lot better doubt they can, i would start with

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
    Mclean Shinnie
    Stewart Christie GMS
    Stockley

Rooney was gettinh nothing from the CB's last week think like Tims in final Stockley can rough them up aslong as he does it without his flailing elbows. Dropping Tansey this game as Mclean and Shinnie know each others game better and this is a massive game for us.

Praying we win as a wanna go to Cyprus
    That team is a good shout,the only thing that concerns me is Stockley getting sent off.The European refs won't put up with his flapping arms.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That's a bit harsh on GMS,he done ok considering he signed 24 hours earlier and is no where near match fit.
    Not really that harsh, I just said he was poor. Which he was.

You can't be serious about playing that donkey Stockley, the guy is a red card waiting to happen. We really need to get rid of him this summer.

Enjoy if you are going.

I reckon we will go through on a 2 all draaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    You can't be serious about playing that donkey Stockley, the guy is a red card waiting to happen. We really need to get rid of him this summer.
    I like him. He's an option we otherwise don't have.

We all go on about having guys that don't get bullied.

Stockely wins most headers and he likes smashing people in the face with his elbow. Accident or not, it should be applauded.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 16-07-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Stockely for me too
    Rooney had his normal did nothing game

Deadly serious with Stockley, Rooney never won a header all game v them on Thurs and think Stockley would be better at roughing them up like at Hampden, i know its a gamble with his elbows but surely Dek can have a word and tell him to cool it a bit because of euro refs being less lenient. Im also a massive Rooney fan but unless he has sharpened up in a week we need something different. Also get GMS on the ball more often as their RB was one of the worst players av seen play the game

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast