+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 new centrebacks comming in

think he might be alright, after all Bartley was a loaner too. What worries me about losing Bartley though wasnt just his steadying influence at the back, but also his goals, think he got 4 or 5, which was more than our entire midfield combined last season [lets hope the new signings know where the net is].

Another one due in a couple of days. Apparently a new name not mentioned before.

Exactly, Pennington we weren't linked with till the last minute, and all the others mentioned according to Lee Sobot haven't been mentioned by anyone, God knows who these new signings will be

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Another one due in a couple of days. Apparently a new name not mentioned before.
    Lucas Radebe. A mate told me he overheard it in Red Hot Buffet, deal as good as done as long as they can glue his knees back together

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Lucas Radebe. A mate told me he overheard it in Red Hot Buffet, deal as good as done as long as they can glue his knees back together
    No no. Never go back.
    On second thoughts, he'd still be better than Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    No no. Never go back.
    On second thoughts, he'd still be better than Cooper.
    Cooper isn't that bad lol, people keep saying he was terrible in the friendly but we conceded 3 with Pontus and Pennington on the pitch and only 1 with him lol

Pontus wasn't fully fit, Pennington was quite new, ayling was on the wrong side, and Anita is a central midfielder, the defence has been makeshift all preseason, we desperately need to sort out centreback and left back, there's no better right back pair in the division than ayling and berardi, and Jansson when fully fit is one of the best centrebacks, Pennington is highly thought of at Everton but if we sell Cooper, then it's 2 new centre backs and 2 new left backs required, Denton should join Coyle out on loan. Ideally our defence options should look like this.

RB berardi, ayling
    LB new player, new player
    CB jansson, new player, Pennington, new player

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Pontus wasn't fully fit, Pennington was quite new, ayling was on the wrong side, and Anita is a central midfielder, the defence has been makeshift all preseason, we desperately need to sort out centreback and left back, there's no better right back pair in the division than ayling and berardi, and Jansson when fully fit is one of the best centrebacks, Pennington is highly thought of at Everton but if we sell Cooper, then it's 2 new centre backs and 2 new left backs required, Denton should join Coyle out on loan. Ideally our defence options should look like this.

RB berardi, ayling
    LB new player, new player
    CB jansson, new player, Pennington, new player
    Clive, Much as cooper is decidedly a poor third or fourth choice from my perspective [And others on here too] I doubt that the club are looking to move him on - he will be in the squad come Bolton away - trust me.

If we can get ONE decent center half and a quality left back before then season starts i'll be happy

Don't you find it annoying though that most fans know he's a defensive weak link but all the professionals think he's great

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Don't you find it annoying though that most fans know he's a defensive weak link but all the professionals think he's great
    To be honest a lot of us were all having doubting thoughts about Wood this time last year and look how that turned out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)