shopify analytics
+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: krul, Lazaar, Riviere and Armstrong....

krul, Lazaar, Riviere and Armstrong....

.... all left out of the 1st team squad that has travelled to Ireland for a 5 day training camp.

Mbemba also misses out due to visa issues.

a few younger players involved so the future looks bleak for krul, Riviere (thankfully) and Lazaar.

Armstrong apparently set to leave on loan.

Riviere - Not surprised. Please, just go now.
    Armstrong - Am a bit surprised but makes sense if he's off out on loan.
    Krul - Am surprised about this, although if we're selling it makes sense.
    Lazaar - Not surprised as he's said he wants to leave for first team football.

Possibly last chance saloon for Armstrong. Realistically, it has to be a Chimpo side for a full season.

Krul I'm disappointed about-still think he's our best 'keeper (not much in it v Elliot but, still)

Lazaar-haven't seen enough of him so...meh.

Riviere? I hear McDonald's are hiring...

even with the 5 sitting it out, there's still a 27 man squad.

I would've thought Darlow, Hanley and Murphy would miss out too as they seem the most likely to be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    even with the 5 sitting it out, there's still a 27 man squad.

I would've thought Darlow, Hanley and Murphy would miss out too as they seem the most likely to be sold.
    Aye-certainly Murphy and Hanley have to go and be replaced with better. Nowt against them-they both did what was asked of them-particularly Murphy-but both were Chimpo-only buys.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    .... all left out of the 1st team squad that has travelled to Ireland for a 5 day training camp.

Mbemba also misses out due to visa issues.

a few younger players involved so the future looks bleak for krul, Riviere (thankfully) and Lazaar.

Armstrong apparently set to leave on loan.
    Wouldn't be that bothered if they were all sold, don't think lazaar has been giving a chance tho and Armstrong looks like another chopra or adam Campbell( scores loads in youth teams but not good enough for the 1st team)

you could leave these and another 10 at home and still not have a decent squad for the prem

who the pheck will pay for any of these

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    you could leave these and another 10 at home and still not have a decent squad for the prem

who the pheck will pay for any of these
    F*cking hell we have a sh*te manager we have sh*te players our fans are sh*te who turn on every deicent manager, is our stadium sh*t too?

Quote Originally Posted by finnaz View Post
    Wouldn't be that bothered if they were all sold, don't think lazaar has been giving a chance tho and Armstrong looks like another chopra or adam Campbell( scores loads in youth teams but not good enough for the 1st team)
    I really hope you're wrong about Armstrong...but I think that must have crossed a few folks' minds.

How many of that squad are under the age where you need to include them in the final 25 man squad ?(is it 21ye old?)
    Am I right in thinking barasler will be under that age bracket?

If Hanley and Murphy leave/get sold how many does that leave us with?

Don't think Armstrong will become more than an average Chimpo player at best, sadly.

Don't get why we haven't seen more of Lazaar? I was excited about that buy a year ago.

I thought arma would do great things
    I'm hopeing he's a late bloomer
    I would like to see him kept this year and used as a sub or maybe given some time in cup games
    He's small if the chimpos to physical for the likes of de Jong or even Perez
    Maybe arma would do better at prem level???? Or am I clutching at straws

The thing is I love seeing kids come through the ranks and break into the fist team
    Miles better than buying a signing.
    watching someone grow and bloom and have a decent football career it's what dreams are made of (whatever level they end up playing)

Not through our ranks, obviously, but I love the fact that this lad from Norwich is a Toon fan.