+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT/ who do you banter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT/ who do you banter

Banter has always confused me it why until I was a young adult I never chose a team at school it always lead to fighting and lots of detentions so I stayed clear.
    Now that I am older I understand certain aspects of banter better and how to handle it. But for the life of me I still do not understand what is the point in bantering your own fans?

Surely it's like attacking your leg out of anger because it fell asleep, the only one you realy hurt is yourself, insulting your club just to whined someone up is just insulting yourself. Honestly I had a guy with a Rotherham shirt come up to me today and say we are so **** our shirts belong on a toilet roll holder. I was like wtf man your a miller aren't you and I kid you not he said yeah but it's only a bit of banter...
    I said this before a year ago now and I will say it again how pathetic do you have to be to be only able to banter and slag off your own club. Would you say dam man everyone has had my wife do you wanna go next she's free next weekend.

No you wouldn't so why do you get people bantering their own fans..

Please I'd love an answer for this one..

It's not so much banter, it's opinions that differ. I love start of the season making an opinion of the new players we've got in. Going to both home friendly's so make a judgement on the new players but you can be wrong in friendly's. It's when the league season starts were you will be able to tell better. People are saying JCH isn't producing in Austria. He's got the forwards shirt for the 1st league game for me. That's when it counts. How he played end of last season got to be given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    It's not so much banter, it's opinions that differ. I love start of the season making an opinion of the new players we've got in. Going to both home friendly's so make a judgement on the new players but you can be wrong in friendly's. It's when the league season starts were you will be able to tell better. People are saying JCH isn't producing in Austria. He's got the forwards shirt for the 1st league game for me. That's when it counts. How he played end of last season got to be given the chance.
    I totally get that people have a difference of opinion on aspects of the club mate. But I mean real banter. I didn't even know the guy yesterday we were both wearing a Rotherham shirt his was older it had parkgate on. Wasn't let's hope we have a good season or where do you think we will finish this season like most people ask. No it was a proper jibe at his own club he wouldn't even say why when I asked him why would you say that? He just said it's only a bit of banter and walked off down the meat section.

"Banter" must be associated with the worder friendly - otherwise it's not "banter" - it's mischievous !

The guy that knocked his own club and couldn't offer a reason - is probably because he didn't have one himself - the power of suggestion is alive and well and embedded within the posts of MM.

Standard responses are in circulation and proliferated without research or question untill they reach epidemic proportions and protected with little thought given to why.

'The human Zoo' & 'The naked ape' covers this need to "fit in" .

Interesting subject....Sadly educational difficiencies are not producing enough independent thought.

Anyway you're on a football forum....what do you expect...this forum is an Anthropologist's dream.

He put O/T in front of the subject so he has every right to post what he did even on a football forum

Is that unnecessary and completely Ill concieved intervention aimed at me Frog...?

If so - it's becoming a reflex action and needs professional help.