+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tour de France

When the TDF was in England a few years ago it passed within 300 yards of my house and there was quite a large crowd but they flew past in a matter of seconds and it was all over.

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    When the TDF was in England a few years ago it passed within 300 yards of my house and there was quite a large crowd but they flew past in a matter of seconds and it was all over.

Anyway,it's nice to see Britain's Chris froome win his 4th TdF in 5 years. It could've been his 5th in 5 years if he hadn't had to abandon in the 2014 TdF. Remember when we used to dream about having a Brit win the race,then we had Bradley Wiggins become the first to do so. Since then it's been so good. We'll miss Froome when he's past it. Let's hope there's another superb athlete like him on the way, though hopefully there's many more wins to come

Quote Originally Posted by Winstan of Accrington View Post
    It is, Tricky. I saw your post on here back in January when Accy lost at your place,asking if i was looking in. I was. I wanted to reply but couldn't remember my password. That's why i've had to set up a new account.
    It must be about 5 years since we last spoke. I was posting on ***** England for 4 years but that went tits up as they say. Do you ever get posts from Jilted Jock or Alf the Burnley fan? I'd like to speak to them again but i don't know where/if they post.
    I think Jilted John left a couple of years back.
    Alf still posts on here but he on holiday at the moment i think.
    None of the other old posters post on here anymore.
    Glad you still about and keeping well Winny.

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    It's a nightmare to get back on if you forget your password .

Hope all's well Winny mate. Shame Froomie never won a stage but I think the organisers made the coarse so he wouldn't win this year.
    I should have rode the LondoniStan/Surrey 100 again this year but I tore my calf bad last week . I'm gutted all the training and cost gone down drain in one stupid lift at work . There's always next year.
    Tricky it's nice to have another cyclist back on the board isn't it mate .lol

Quote Originally Posted by donnytyke View Post

Hope all's well Winny mate. Shame Froomie never won a stage but I think the organisers made the coarse so he wouldn't win this year.
    I should have rode the LondoniStan/Surrey 100 again this year but I tore my calf bad last week . I'm gutted all the training and cost gone down drain in one stupid lift at work . There's always next year.
    Donny..If the organisers of the Tour did not want Froome to win they would have done away with all high altitude stages and just left the lower mountains to climb....which would have suited riders like Peter Sagan, Valverde or Philippe Gilbert who do not digest the higher mountains. Anyway 90% of the route is already known by the organisation 2 years in advance and it's never mapped out to suit one rider or disadvantage another. There is always something for everybody.

I am getting well outnumbered on here with the cycle brigade.
    Should rename this forum "Cycle Mad" lol

Nice to hear from you again Donny!

Yes i remember Alf's 4 months long summer holidays,in his mobile home down Hampshire way.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstan of Accrington View Post
    Yes i remember Alf's 4 months long summer holidays,in his mobile home down Hampshire way.
    Shame your Accrington board went down.
    You made a good job of running it.
    I tried to find out what the problem was with admin but to no avail.
    We had a good laugh on here pushing our luck to the limit with Bru din't we

Shame your Accrington board went down.
    You made a good job of running it.
    I tried to find out what the problem was with admin but to no avail.
    We had a good laugh on here pushing our luck to the limit with Bru din't we
    Yes i loved that Accy board. I put a lot of effort into it. I think the ban was for shall we say,not being politically correct. One of the reasons i've started posting on here again is because i've been banned from a board that i've posted on for over 5 years and made nearly 12,000 posts on. I told some soft lad to "stop being such a nancy boy" and when i logged in i found they'd banned me for 7 days. All i did ws tell him to stop being so sensitive and stuff. He was well in with the mods so they must've took his side and backed the soft arse. Honestly,it's like being back in school with some of them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast