+ Visit Barnsley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds Bid For Donny's John Marquis

Reds Bid For Donny's John Marquis

Getting desperate if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Getting desperate if you ask me
    25 years old and one good season behind him in league 2 exile .

Possible late bloomer , even so I wouldn't be going much over 500k , into the last season of his contract so this sounds round about our territory .

Rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Rubbish
    Any science behind that ESR , anything you want to share mate .

Just that he's rubbish

Had a few injury problems early in his career looking at the stats .

First settled season and he was good for 26 goals last season , league 2 granted .

Got to give the kid a go I suppose if he signs that is .

The if's but's and maybe's will soon be over and it will be time to discover the tunes on our new guitar's .

Let's hope there's more Hendrix than bum notes .

who we going to fetch in ? , Vaughans gone for 1 million ! The lad from Doncaster probably 750k is about right might be a one season wonder but what if he's not ? I would have any one other than Armstrong he were poor , someone who wants to be here is a start most fans were getting excited over bogle coming this guys as good

Quote Originally Posted by tarnmad View Post
    who we going to fetch in ? , Vaughans gone for 1 million ! The lad from Doncaster probably 750k is about right might be a one season wonder but what if he's not ? I would have any one other than Armstrong he were poor , someone who wants to be here is a start most fans were getting excited over bogle coming this guys as good

The worry for me is this and let's face it most of us deep down have some reservations about the coming season .

Bradd Potts from Blackpool seemed to be our number one target at the level we can acquire or choose to .

That interest would appear to have cooled , possibly over the fee , even the number target who sets the alarms off is a punt , project or whatever you want to call it , doesn't that make number 2 target a little more of a gamble ?

I don't care what anybody says about the last crop who went onto prove themselves and then some but there isn't an inexhaustible supply of talent in the lower tiers who purchased over one summer can keep a club competitive in the championship .

Put together over a period of time and developed at a lower level is pretty feasible but a new team recruited during the close season from the lower leagues is a bloody big ask .

The margin for error this summer is not available and nobody is that good or lucky to get this even 90 per cent right .

We've had this before under Keef , Done , Davies , Wiseman , Kennedy , McNulty and Perkins coming in , luckily we had Vaz Te , Butterfield and O'Brien to add a bit of quality the first half of the season and put points on the board and we survived just .

We eventually ran out of steam and rode our luck one season too many .

I'm all for financial security don't get me wrong but there comes a point when you have push further in order to retain your position as a championship club .

I'm all for recruiting the very best talent in the lower league but not every last man jack in one summer ffs .

Got to chance your arm and get at least 4 solid players in that squad with championship pedigree .

With the money we have acquired over the last 12 months 4 players higher up the food chain aint gonna bankrupt the club , not having it .

Financial prudence is one thing but this is just fecking madness , we are five million quid down if we get relegated , so where is the prudence there then ? .

If this club goes down to league one sitting on 15 to 20 million quid then someone down there better have a fecking good explaination .

Newcastle have gone off on a pre-season tour stating Armstrong is staying behind because of loan interest from a Championship club!!
    I'm afraid it's probably 70/30 that it's us!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Newcastle have gone off on a pre-season tour stating Armstrong is staying behind because of loan interest from a Championship club!!
    I'm afraid it's probably 70/30 that it's us!!!!!
    Bolton favourites to get him . I think he'll do decent this time round .

I'd have Armstrong back. He's only young and with the benefit of a season behind him and a world cup winners medal. I've a feeling he'll come out all guns blazing next season.

Good post animal and exactly my sentiments entirely

Excellent post Animal

Who do we think the six players signing will be?

Potts,
    Mcburnie (loan)
    Fletcher (loan)
    Morsy
    Jinty Canopael
    Buango

Just going off players we've been linked with.

Buango? who's he?

He's a winger at RC Lens. QPR linked with him as well though.

Moult from Motherwell 425k 25yr old scoring goals for fun

Are there no big buggers abart, possibly of Afro- Caribbean heritage, built like a brick sh1tarse who can cause mayhem up front ?

another of Geegees tips you reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Are there no big buggers abart, possibly of Afro- Caribbean heritage, built like a brick sh1tarse who can cause mayhem up front ?

Do you really want Akinfenwa here SB?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast