shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Eng capitulation

OT Eng capitulation

4 down before lunch, good bowling but poor batting, Root simply picked the wrong line and was bowled.

Reality check for the new skipper.

Straight after lunch and number 5 is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    Straight after lunch and number 5 is gone
    Pathetic

6 down, all over today me thinks

And 7

I'll change my forecast, over by tea.

Saw the strapline and thought it was referring to David Davis and his team in Brussels... to be fair I'd give them a bit longer than tea.

Too much emphasis on the one day game and shot making, the art of protecting your wicket has been lost and that's why many tests only go for 4 days.
    Last edited by Vladpie; 17-07-2017 at 02:00 PM.

All over , well before tea, hammered, pathetic

Its a good thing we have got a hammering as it will force us to make changes now.

Jennings / Ballance & Dawson can all go for a start.

Hameed should never have been dropped I dont care what his form is at Lancs his last TEST innings was 59 not out with a broken hand the kid has something and what do we do recall Ballance who we know isn't good enough.

6 bowlers including 2 spinners at Trent Bridge is just plain stupid we lost the game on Saturday as soon as we drop behind we lose.

Some very good cricketing comments made on this topic .............. apart from Sid's usual politically obsessed drivel.

It's becoming apparent our main bowlers offer very little in the way of runs and apart from Anderson don't look all that threatening with the ball. It's all about opinions but my X1 for the Oval would be: Cook, Hales, Root, Morgan, Ali, Stokes, Bairstow, Patel, Plunkett, Broad and Anderson. Yes I know Samit's getting on but he can score runs and be a second spinner to Ali if required.

Was looking forward to a few beers around 5 whilst watching our brilliant rear guard action . Well I guess I will just to have them watching Pointless instead !!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Some very good cricketing comments made on this topic .............. apart from Sid's usual politically obsessed drivel.

It's becoming apparent our main bowlers offer very little in the way of runs and apart from Anderson don't look all that threatening with the ball. It's all about opinions but my X1 for the Oval would be: Cook, Hales, Root, Morgan, Ali, Stokes, Bairstow, Patel, Plunkett, Broad and Anderson. Yes I know Samit's getting on but he can score runs and be a second spinner to Ali if required.

It would beat the current England team.

(although some would be tired playing for both teams)

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    It would beat the current England team.

(although some would be tired playing for both teams)
    Cricket's my game Forward. No problem with the fitness aspect I can assure you, Test cricket is not as frenetic as the 50 over game and the modern fitness facilities are brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Saw the strapline and thought it was referring to David Davis and his team in Brussels... to be fair I'd give them a bit longer than tea.
    Give it a rest for gods sake

That was a pathetic collapse, it was a mammoth task but we didn't even give it a go. It's a difficult one for the selectors before The Oval, because Jennings, Ballance and Dawson just don't look test match standard, but the possible replacements aren't obvious. Even more worrying is the mental approach - if we get on top early we tend to dominate, but once we are under pressure we fall apart at the seams. Not a good sign with an Ashes series on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That was a pathetic collapse, it was a mammoth task but we didn't even give it a go. It's a difficult one for the selectors before The Oval, because Jennings, Ballance and Dawson just don't look test match standard, but the possible replacements aren't obvious. Even more worrying is the mental approach - if we get on top early we tend to dominate, but once we are under pressure we fall apart at the seams. Not a good sign with an Ashes series on the horizon.
    Spot on , Ballance ( must be Root's best mate ) and Dawson ( who offers nowt ) have to go . Would give Jennings a little longer but only because I cant see anyone else stepping up and that includes Hales who I don't think is a test match opener . Hoping Stoneman might get a chance soon .

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Give it a rest for gods sake
    Who is this God of whom you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Spot on , Ballance ( must be Root's best mate ) and Dawson ( who offers nowt ) have to go . Would give Jennings a little longer but only because I cant see anyone else stepping up and that includes Hales who I don't think is a test match opener . Hoping Stoneman might get a chance soon .
    I'd go with Hameed to open with Strauss for the last two tests. He's five years younger than Jennings and while he still has a lot to learn, he seems to have a better temperament for the big occasion whereas Jennings looks out of his depth. Rashid should replace Dawson if we need two spinners, otherwise rely on Moeen. Stoneman is a decent shout to replace Ballance, he's earned a chance and it will be good to see if he can make the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd go with Hameed to open with Strauss for the last two tests. He's five years younger than Jennings and while he still has a lot to learn, he seems to have a better temperament for the big occasion whereas Jennings looks out of his depth. Rashid should replace Dawson if we need two spinners, otherwise rely on Moeen. Stoneman is a decent shout to replace Ballance, he's earned a chance and it will be good to see if he can make the grade.
    Hmm, old age is strange thing. I'd say Strauss is a tad past it tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast