+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robinson retires

Robinson retires

Due to a back problem.
    Best wishes and thanks Paul
    https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...aving-clarets/

Shay Given 41 is now of interest to us.
    https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/giv...t-1856961.html

Surely Pope is ready..?

I get the distinct feeling that, despite having signed him, Sean doesn't have 100% confidence in him.

"I would like to say thank you to Sean Dyche, (goalkeeping coach) Billy Mercer, the staff and players at Burnley who gave me the chance to play in the premier league again at 37," Robinson said.

"In all my career I have never been a part of a more dedicated, hard working set of players and staff.

"I wish them and all my former clubs the very best of luck for next season."

“Paul played a big part in what we have achieved over the past couple of seasons – literally at times last season – and always as an important member of the group," the Clarets chief said.

“He made a big contribution during his time at Burnley and we would all like to wish him well in his next venture, as well as making sure that he will always welcome back at Turf Moor.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ement/?ref=mac

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Surely Pope is ready..?
    We need three keepers though and experienced backup is the way most PL clubs go.

Agreed Primitive, a 41 year fit, experienced, international goalkeeper provides just that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Agreed Primitive, a 41 year fit, experienced, international goalkeeper provides just that.
    What about an aging, relatively fit, experienced, Thompson Centre 5-a-side keeper ? I'm available, I wouldn't cost the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What about an aging, relatively fit, experienced, Thompson Centre 5-a-side keeper ? I'm available, I wouldn't cost the earth.
    You wouldn't be considered Sinkov, you are in the Barton mould as you like a bet

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Do you have any Irish ancestry?

My father-in-law's Irish, that should help. Alto does have a point though, I probably have more bets in a day than Joey has in a week, and I've also been known to nip out to the 110 Club at half-time if it's not going well. Ah well, it was just a thought.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)