+ Visit Barnsley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ike Ugbo

Ike Ugbo

yes its him.
    Last edited by upthecolliers; 17-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Just been praising him on the Marquee signing thread Colliers.

Az tha heard owt ?

Welcome Ike Ugbo !

Built like a modern sh1tarse anyway, if not a brick one.

Big signing for us- beat off competition from Leeds and Wolves. Well done Gauthier and Hecky- big birthday present eh?
    Looking forward to seeing him play 😁😁

It just goes to show how much premier clubs think about the setup and coaching this little club have proven in making their players progress which other so called (big) clubs in championship can't even compare another feather in our cap

Excellent signing. I'd take this over journeymen any day of the week. Well done all concerned.

He's 18 years old , without wanting to pyss on anybody's strawberries I hope we are not pinning our goalscoring hopes on such young shoulders .

Score as many goals at that level all they want , a young Daniel Nardiello still holds the youth goalscoring record at Man Utd for a single season I believe .

Any fecking younger and their mams will be dropping em off for training in a 4x4 and handing them a bottle of sunny delight .

Welcome to the club youth .

Animal, the 17 year old Pele was outstanding for Brazil in the World Cup in Sweden, 1958.

Tha nivva knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Animal, the 17 year old Pele was outstanding for Brazil in the World Cup in Sweden, 1958.

Tha nivva knows.
    He could be better than Pele SB for all I know mate but it doesn't matter in anycase .

He won't even start 20 games this season , his body is still developing at that age and he won't have the stamina to go saturday , tuesday , saturday and we have a duty of care here with other clubs talented kids .

Ike Ike baby. It's muller

Ike Ike Likey Likey.

we need a 15 / 20 goal a season man not a 15 / 20 starting line up baby

hope he does well but its not the signing we desperately need.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    we need a 15 / 20 goal a season man not a 15 / 20 starting line up baby

hope he does well but its not the signing we desperately need.

Any suggestions?

This kid has scored more goals at Chelsea youth level than Lukaku, Abraham and Solanke in less games! So there is a distinct possibility that he could be very good?

Just hope he his another Abraham would be a right signing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Any suggestions?

Adama Niane from French Liga 2 , 24 years of age , 33 appearances and 23 goals last season for Troyes .

6 foot 2 and one year left on his current deal .

He would probably cost around 1.5 million , considerably less once his contract starts to run down but he'd most likely be picked up by then .

Yes he's expensive by our standards but those kind of numbers in our championship would have him in the 8 to 10 million category .

This is the same level of football that produced Kante at Chelsea and Mahrez at Leicester , it ain't a mug league .

I'd describe it as an educated gamble that can be covered financially after our recent sales .

The type of signing that if succesful gives us the goals we need and if he does well we triple our money .

Sometime soon the club have to chance their arm and shop a little higher .

Worst case scenario , he doesn't do it here but we could offload him for 500k , with his age and numbers he'd still attract attention in France or Belgium , maybe even Bundesliga2 .

Of course it won't happen but this is where we need to be going in my opinion .

Surprised we haven't looked at French football surely our CEO has some contacts to give him info on possible signings

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Surprised we haven't looked at French football surely our CEO has some contacts to give him info on possible signings
    The trick here mate is to tap into the african market before the french sides get them .

The lad I've highlighted is Malawi and these sort of lads always seem to end up in France and if they do well then they go to England like Kante and Mahrez or Spain , Italy and Germany .

This French dude of ours must have some knowledge of the african market and we could cut the middle man out so to speak .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    This kid has scored more goals at Chelsea youth level than Lukaku, Abraham and Solanke in less games! So there is a distinct possibility that he could be very good?
    Yes possibly for 20 games and off the bench here and there for 10 minutes .

What about the other 26 games ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast