+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: derby home game

derby home game

see weve only given them bottom tier cant help feeling were chucking income away here no way will we fill that end derby would certainly have sold at least 4k wonder if thats all any visiting fans will be getting 2k wont be enough for half the teams in champiobship

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    see weve only given them bottom tier cant help feeling were chucking income away here no way will we fill that end derby would certainly have sold at least 4k wonder if thats all any visiting fans will be getting 2k wont be enough for half the teams in champiobship

I see the sentiment, but how on earth are we going to shower the oinkers with cups of p*ss if they have the BLUT as well..?

I think he means the Derby home game and not the Derby home game !

haha yeah bulmer derby county home game 50 grand gone there cos we wont fill it or maybe if we give teams upper tier syp bill maybe even more than that so who knows i would have thought 27k would be enough tickets for us maybe club think we will fill that end

I would give all teams,including the Pigs the lower tier only,sell season tickets for the upper to our fans,look after our own fans first,stuff away fans

yeah understand that point mr b but just cant see us filling blut every game maybe im wrong and club confident of selling plenty up there also i suppose with kop being so unpopular these days maybe a lot will transfer up there clear view no obstructions

Lower holds 2992,minus the no-mans lands whatever they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Lower holds 2992,minus the no-mans lands whatever they will be.
    Knowing SYP,they will have 2,000 seats for segregation

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I see the sentiment, but how on earth are we going to shower the oinkers with cups of p*ss if they have the BLUT as well..?
    It takes a reyt chuck getting a bottle of pi55 up onto the BLUT

Our club can't win.
    People clamoured to give Blades Lane end tickets for ever and when they did,and have maintained it putting faith in us to turn up and make FOUR sides hostile this crops up.
    FFS get behind the board , management and lads 100%.
    I go on the BLUT and its fu c k i ng brilliant we can have the whole thing not just the corner as last season.
    FANTASTIC JOB SUFC.
    Get them bottles of p i s s filled and ready!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Our club can't win.
    People clamoured to give Blades Lane end tickets for ever and when they did,and have maintained it putting faith in us to turn up and make FOUR sides hostile this crops up.
    I go on the BLUT and its fu c k i ng brilliant we can have the whole thing not just the corner as last season.
    FANTASTIC JOB SUFC.
    Totally agree,it's a great view from up the top tier,another thing I would try and do to help generate a more hostile atmosphere,make it unreserved seating,obviously SYP would have kittens at such a thought

Our club can't win.
    FANTASTIC JOB SUFC.
    Ha ha! So do I SBT - but apparently its very subdued up there according to a few know-alls on S24. Best view in the ground as the stand is so steep.

Our club can't win.
    FANTASTIC JOB SUFC.
    Spot on SBT! I'll be in the Westfield mate, let's fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Spot on SBT! I'll be in the Westfield mate, let's fill it.
    Will you have enough left after you've filled a bottle? Big ask

i understand your sentiment sbt and it would be great if we could fill it but i doubt it very much unless we get off to a flyer and if the club had faith in our fans surely they would have made season tickets available to buy up there the point i was trying to make is that certain clubs would fill that end easily giving us extra income and cracking atmospheres in any case with syp restrictions bllt only holds 2100 with segregated areas utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Will you have enough left after you've filled a bottle? Big ask
    Rav, I'll fill yours and your mates as well if you want me to, and still have the strength for the GCB, nowt wrong with my flow pal!

Err, we are just talking 50ml bottles arent we?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Rav, I'll fill yours and your mates as well if you want me to, and still have the strength for the GCB, nowt wrong with my flow pal!

Err, we are just talking 50ml bottles arent we?
    Depends if you want just a damp or more of a soaking effect

What's the priority, bringing in as much income as possible or making sure all our fans can get tickets?

If we even sell half of the upper tier then it's worth not giving Derby more.

Generally I'd love to see us start making proper use of the upper tier.

All for giving our fans access to all parts of the stadium but we need to maximise revenue also so agree with SOB's point to an extent. Much will depend on the take up for the first few games. If we start well then take up shouldnt be an issue if we dont and fan numbers drop then it won't be financially viable to lose out on just under 3k tickets sales every match. Half full would probably justify the decision anything less than that and we could be back to giving the Upper Tier to away fans. Problem is the recent increases in match day prices will not help in attracting floating fans.

to be honest i would say its 50 - 50 on this which way club could go if not for segregation 3k in bottom tier would probably be enough for most away fans just seems daft segregating 800 seats in there thats the real problem be interesting to see how many are sold up there in these first games could be a fair few go in there instead of restricted views on kop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast