+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Names down for fleetwood opener..

Names down for fleetwood opener..

..with what I've seen so far

Emmanuel
    wood
    Iekwe
    Ajayi
    Frecks
    Potter
    Williams
    David Ball
    Newell (on left of midfield)
    Proctor
    Yates
    Bray

It could change after Blunts/ Barnsley game of course.

From this it suggests to me we could still be lacking quality in these areas to have a REALLY good season:

gkeeper/ left back/ right wing/ centre forward.

Think central defence/ right back/ centre midfield are taken care of-hopefully.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-07-2017 at 11:15 AM.

For me I'd like us to loan a central midfielder and a goalie and for us to buy a striker and a central defender.

Also a transfer ban on nothingham forest selling us any more crap

Unless there's anymore signings would say O'Donnell, Ajayi, Potter, Vaulks, Da Ball & Newell will be penciled in now. Emmanuel if he's good going forward could be the answer to our Right side.

O'Donnell; Emmanuel Ajayi Ihiekwe Mattock; Vaulks Frecks Potter Newell; Da Ball JCH could be something like the side. JCH keep saying this. Friendly's are about getting fit, some players won't get motivated in them. Jonno has got the shirt from last season. Only time we looked anything like up front was when Jonno played there in the last game of last season.

I remain to be convinced about JCH gwru. For a big strong lad he should be doing much better. Time will tell...

I still think Jono is the main man for us up front this season, and after last night I get the impression Richie Barker thinks the same.

Fisher and Taylor were superb last night. Fisher still needs to work on his positional play defensively and his tackling, but I'm positive about him. Taylor was skinning them last night. Okay I know it's only non league but two of the crosses he put in were absolutely too class. Had Proctor have been playing they could have resulted in goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    I still think Jono is the main man for us up front this season, and after last night I get the impression Richie Barker thinks the same.

Fisher and Taylor were superb last night. Fisher still needs to work on his positional play defensively and his tackling, but I'm positive about him. Taylor was skinning them last night. Okay I know it's only non league but two of the crosses he put in were absolutely too class. Had Proctor have been playing they could have resulted in goals.
    Ellis, I hate to appear pedantic but how can Fisher have been "superb last night" if he still needs to "work on his positional play defensively and his tackling?"
    Aren't they absolutely basic requirements for somebody who's supposed to be a professional full back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post

Taylor for me

We haven't played a league side yet, how can you tell whose playing good. Taylor works hard, league 1 will suit him more. Got to be able to play on the Right. With a better Right back hopefully in Emmanuel, Taylor will get the ball further up the field.

After todays game i would put o donnell in front of price who was partly responsible for their second goal today. i would also say do not include JCH or fisher in first 11 on tonights showing.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    After todays game i would put o donnell in front of price who was partly responsible for their second goal today. i would also say do not include JCH or fisher in first 11 on tonights showing.
    I didn't go so I have no idea who played well so I'm reading it on twitter and reading people's opinions to get the general idea, but it sounds like JCH has lost his will to score goals, but as I said I don't know anything yet since iv not seen them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast