+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Root

Joe Root

Doesn't look a England captain to me. Looks a scruff with that not a beard but growth. Opinions.

Test cricket: England are just one day cricketers now.

Time will tell with regard to captain but he's a world class batsman...apart from today of course

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Doesn't look a England captain to me. Looks a scruff with that not a beard but growth. Opinions.

Test cricket: England are just one day cricketers now.
    Give the lad a chance he's only young and it may take time to grow a full beard. In the meantime wasn't it Root who won the first match with an excellent score?

One bad innings and he's crap 😄 We have enough of that on here gwru thank you without bringing cricket into it

Got to stick with it , he's a young captain with plenty to learn , if he learns from his mistakes then given time he will come through .

By the time we fly out to Australia in early November we will have a better and more experienced captain .

The real deal is The Ashes , every other series in my opinion is about building and tweeking a test team for that contest .

Too early to tell about him as captain. He will get plenty of advice and needs to learn how much to listen to.

The ball that got him out today was an absolute beauty, swung about a foot in front of him and a perfect length. Always wish English bowlers would try a few more yorkers, and slower balls too, particularly as surprise balls when they're bowling some shorter stuff.

Either way, England fell apart today faster than Yorkshire's entire season is doing. And if Ballance and/or Bairstow get dropped from the next matches, that will at least help our county.

We play too much clown cricket. The art of playing a 5 day test match is way beyond the skill set of most of the England team.

Root is doing fine, I can't think of anybody that springs out as an England captain so it might as well be him.

Watching the game today it was almost as though the players had already made diary changes to accommodate a day off.

It looks like whoever bats first will win.

It doesn't work that the best player in the side is made captain, look what happened with Botham. 2 examples hardly test cricketers but great England captains, Illingworth & Brierly. Root still say an England cricket captain is a honour. You have got to show it the respect it deserves in appearance as well.

South Africa bowlers are proper test bowlers. We've gone to far towards one day or bash cricket. I've never known test cricket in this country starting so late in the summer.

His Roots are in Rotherham. Grandad lives in Roth and long time player and member at Town. Dad born there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast