+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long do we give Bruce?

How long do we give Bruce?

No not yet But if we do not get off to a flyer and just draw games, we will be playing catch up again!
    If this is the case and I really hope not cos I like old potato head, just how long will it be before we all start calling for his head? Or putting it more simply, when do you think he will get the chop If it is not going to plan?
    10 games in, we need to be top 4 by Christmas we need to be top 2, if we are not then I think he will go first hurdle after 10 games?
    Those first 10 games well, we need to have in the bank ....7 wins 2 draws and just 1 defeat!!! can it be done, is it too much for us 70% success rate is pretty steep!
    Thoughts...

Dr x is ruthless so if he goes on a run like RDM did he's gone. I don't quite understand the negativity regarding Bruse. He's got us out of the poo last season. Getting JT was a master stroke and turning gabby career around was top man management.

Bongo... gabby... give it up

To the original question - I personally think there is NO BETTER manger than Bruce for the league we are in trying to get promotion. However, after we do get up (whenever that will be) he is not the future is he?

Or is he?

Personally I'd give him until Xmas and if we are within 10 points of the top then let's see what we are lacking.

If we are nowhere near the top in 3 months then sack him and move on

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Bruse turning gabby career around was top man management.

There’s more possibility Bruce successfully turning the Queen Elizabeth around in Swansea Harbour using a team of pack horses

I'd give him at least another two years. For me that's better than starting again, again, again, again, again ........

Picasso mate,

Let me emphasise I respect Steve Bruce & am not wishing rid of him

Nevertheless he needs to reconsider his modus operandi- his methodology, strategy, & importantly if we are to deliver the goods this term our style of play -ball retention is essential but it demands an end product I,e

GOALS!!

I am partisan A V F C if Steve Bruce he doesn't make a real fist of it this term you dont need to be Nostradamus to predict his inescapable fate

Who do you suggest Mr negative?

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Who do you suggest Mr negative?
    Can’t say I have heard of the guy

You might try a fresh approach

a)First understand what is said

b) Maybe cogitate

c) Having interpreted the facts made

d) Shazaam then you answer

Got to stick with him, the revolving door has got us nowhere and building new squads to suit a new manager just haemorrhages money. However like others have said, we need to be more attacking, take some risks - Bruce said he's waited a long time for a job like this so come on Stevie, change it up son.

JT a masterstroke 4 mill a year was the masterstroke plus no one else wanted him can't hack it in the premiership

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)