+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wetherspoons..?

Wetherspoons..?

A bit off topic I know but any of the pubs in the Wetherspoons chain does represent proper value for money IMHO...

Your thoughts please?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A bit off topic I know but any of the pubs in the Wetherspoons chain does represent proper value for money IMHO...

Your thoughts please?
    I think we should hold an AGM in a Wetherspoons.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I think we should hold an AGM in a Wetherspoons.
    Maybe even a Transfer ? !!!!...

Just had an early dinner with the wife at Wetherspoons in Darwen, 2 x cracking starters, 2 x cracking main courses and 3 pints for less than £30.00!

Unbelievable Jeff!

Some people swear by them, but the last time I had breakfast in one in Edinburgh the black pudding looked like an ice hockey puck, and was about as eatable, if I'd thrown it at the window I could have caused some serious damage. Overall I'd have said it was average to poor, the missus who doesn't often use bad language said it was ****e, and won't go in one again. To be fair, it was cheap.

Some of them do some really good real ales at good prices. The food is reasonable for the price.

Just had an early dinner with the wife at Wetherspoons in Darwen, 2 x cracking starters, 2 x cracking main courses and 3 pints for less than £30.00!

Unbelievable Jeff!
    Darwen ! lol My daughter lives there, her fella owns a night club called Sky's bar.

Because we live on the northern side of Bolton, Darwen is quite close and the Spoons is located in The Old Chapel which is a belter of a building.

Agree with you on the Black Puddings sinkov, I had the full English in Stockton Spoons a couple of weeks ago, the "two pucks" were laughable!

Agree with you on the Black Puddings sinkov, I had the full English in Stockton Spoons a couple of weeks ago, the "two pucks" were laughable!
    It's a shame BT, I'm quite partial to a reasonably priced full English and we did have a decent one in Southampton a couple of years ago, but the missus doesn't give second chances, not when there are so many other options anyway, so no more Wetherspoons for me.

Fair enough sinkov but I rather like Spoons...

Attachment 5495

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)