+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are We Being Serious ,...Looking for Players..

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    And the Championship teams
    i'd forgot about them.....for a minute Alto,

...thanks for the reminder

Does anyone seriously believe Dave Baldwin, Sean Dyche, Martin Hodge, Derek Mowbray and Ian Butterworth are all being paid to be sitting on their arses and not attempting to add to the squad?

Young Nick Pope is being mentored to become the "next" Tom Heaton. What better apprenticeship could a young goalkeeper have than being coached under the auspices of Billy Mercer, Tom Heaton and Shay Given? We also have another great young prospect in Northern Ireland's under-21 goalkeeper Conor Mitchell who will also benefit greatly from the years of experience Givens can provide.

Sometimes it's good to think outside of the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    And the Championship teams
    The bet a lot on Bamford in January didn't they. Looks like he could be on the bench ... or even off again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Does anyone seriously believe Dave Baldwin, Sean Dyche, Martin Hodge, Derek Mowbray and Ian Butterworth are all being paid to be sitting on their arses and not attempting to add to the squad?

Young Nick Pope is being mentored to become the "next" Tom Heaton. What better apprenticeship could a young goalkeeper have than being coached under the auspices of Billy Mercer, Tom Heaton and Shay Given? We also have another great young prospect in Northern Ireland's under-21 goalkeeper Conor Mitchell who will also benefit greatly from the years of experience Givens can provide.

Sometimes it's good to think outside of the box!
    He will also add to the Irish connection if the club plan a ceilidh!

When we signed gray did we get rid of volkes or barnes? I think not so what makes you think they would sell Bamford who scored something like 17 goals in the championship last time round. Oh and Bamford played on the right for them when he played there last time round so probably looks to be a setup of something like

Britt
    Braithwaite. Ramires. Bamford
    Clayton. DeRoon
    Friend. Gibson. Ayala. Christie
    Dimi

Doesn't look too bad of a team and they still have the likes of Traore, Fabio, Leadbitter, Forshaw, Gestede, Stuani and Howson to fit in too.

Aye, it's a squad that should bounce right back SD.

What chance have we got when Arnautovich , a bog standard striker goes for 24 million today ? A deal between two mid/lower table teams. The club needs to be given time to do enough research and astute negotiation to avoid such high risk deals.

I would have though most fans would have come to realise this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Duché View Post
    When we signed gray did we get rid of volkes or barnes? I think not so what makes you think they would sell Bamford who scored something like 17 goals in the championship last time round. Oh and Bamford played on the right for them when he played there last time round so probably looks to be a setup of something like

Britt
    Braithwaite. Ramires. Bamford
    Clayton. DeRoon
    Friend. Gibson. Ayala. Christie
    Dimi

Doesn't look too bad of a team and they still have the likes of Traore, Fabio, Leadbitter, Forshaw, Gestede, Stuani and Howson to fit in too.
    He was bought by Karanka and managed two stats and 6 substitute appearances before Britt scoring one PL goal, apparently suffering some hernia.
    I'm not sure he will get many more this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    What chance have we got when Arnautovich , a bog standard striker goes for 24 million today ? A deal between two mid/lower table teams. The club needs to be given time to do enough research and astute negotiation to avoid such high risk deals.

I would have though most fans would have come to realise this by now.
    I remember last season at the Turf when Arnautovic was clean through on two occasions, one he fell over, the other he overran for a goal kick. How much???

I think that was a typical performance from him judging by the low number if goals he scored last season , around 7 if my memory serves me right.

It's madness!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)