+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Silly money ?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry Swale, that last paragraph is just bollux.
    Genuine racism, i.e. behaviour or words which are designed to provoke racial hatred/intolerance is something I will never - ever - 'allow to pass' and yes...I do have the 'credentials' to prove that.
    Of the examples you cite...I have honestly not seen Tricky refer to '900 Syrian criminals', I recognise his comment about Germans wanting to rule Europe because 'we whipped them in the war' but regarded it as infantile and stupid rather than 'racist' and as far as his prison experiences are concerned...is it not actually a fact that racism can work both ways? Whether his own behaviour merited him apparently being abused as a result of his colour is something you and I are unlikely to ever know for sure.
    I do wish you'd move on from this image you have contrived of me as a 'fence sitter' who finds it easier to 'allow things to pass than challenge them'. I may have long since grown through the 'angry young man' stage but 'challenging' the likes of you, Tricky, Rats, Ram59 at various times and trying to reason with the serially unreasonable one hardly smacks of someone seeking the easy life.
    'Fence Sitter', 'Rear Gunner' - at least everyone's got an opinion on you. Bo Diddley had to play a square guitar to get that sort of attention

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    'Fence Sitter', 'Rear Gunner' - at least everyone's got an opinion on you. Bo Diddley had to play a square guitar to get that sort of attention
    I think Bo Diddly had more influence in his chosen occupation!

Again we agree...at least about the complexities of the 'racism in reverse' argument. I understand and take your point about historical racial abuse although I think you are maybe over simplifying things a little.
    Regarding Tricky, who must be revelling in all this new found 'fame', I can hardly be 'forgiving' of something I am unaware of, but you didn't 'merely counteract' his views...you went off, not for the first time, on some sort of unrestrained abusive rant which, imo, achieved nothing.
    Let's put it this way...you and I are currently having a thoroughly reasoned - if probably very boring to everyone else - discussion regarding our respective stances. Had I replied to any of your last four or five posts by calling you a lying, hypocritical, Stalin loving, left wing **** who is too stupid to be able to construct or maintain an argument let alone win one (none of which I believe btw)...would we still be involved in constructive debate?
    Thats because your countering with reasoned opinions which can be countered or considered and responded to, there is no responding to TTR, believe me i tired and just got ever more the bible according to the right wing gutter press and a rather nasty diatribe which does not warrant any response except condemnation.

Everything on this Forum is over simplified, otherwise the posts would be even longer than they are already and then would come the asides about diatribe, etc etc.

Anyway, there is a match in Friday and we can all get back to moaning about The rams, I really can't be arsed to continue the political discourse as it serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Thats because your countering with reasoned opinions which can be countered or considered and responded to, there is no responding to TTR, believe me i tired and just got ever more the bible according to the right wing gutter press and a rather nasty diatribe which does not warrant any response except condemnation.

Everything on this Forum is over simplified, otherwise the posts would be even longer than they are already and then would come the asides about diatribe, etc etc.

Anyway, there is a match in Friday and we can all get back to moaning about The rams, I really can't be arsed to continue the political discourse as it serves no purpose.
    Fair enough, we'll have to differ...in our approach at least. In my world you counter the opinions of the 'right wing gutter press' with reasoned argument...in yours you've taken to just ranting at something you believe to be beneath you. Pity really because you can be one of the best at using knowledge and reason to overcome prejudice and bigotry.
    At the end of the day, of course debate here is 'over simplified'. It's a football forum that sometimes, possibly too often, spills over into politics and morality. I like that but am aware that many don't.
    The sadness is that you and I personify the problems of the 'soft left'. We spend so much time squabbling amongst ourselves that we lose sight of the real problem and allow it's source to grow stronger.
    Can't argue with the Bo Diddley comment...more Andy's area of expertise than mine but a huge influence on the music I grew up with...anyway, as you say, the season starts on Friday. Hope we're not all moaning come Friday night...my prediction...1-0 down at half time before coming back to win 1-2 with a rare and very late JR winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    'Face Sitter', 'Rear Gunner' - at least everyone's got an opinion on you. Bo Diddley had to play a square guitar to get that sort of attention
    Im not quite sure if this accurately represents ramAnag's ***ual preferences Andy, although Bo Diddley was supposed to have been a Rear Gunner I believe

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Im not quite sure if this accurately represents ramAnag's ***ual preferences Andy, although Bo Diddley was supposed to have been a Rear Gunner I believe
    Naughty Roger...changing Andy's words like that! Actually, not that it matters one jot, I don't share Mr. Diddley's alleged ***ual preferences but not entirely off topic, and just to make us all feel old, it's forty years since TRB released '2-4-6-8 Motorway'. How did that happen?

My son went to Glastonbury (2016 I think)!! Well enjoyed them!!

Naughty Roger...changing Andy's words like that! Actually, not that it matters one jot, I don't share Mr. Diddley's alleged ***ual preferences but not entirely off topic, and just to make us all feel old, it's forty years since TRB released '2-4-6-8 Motorway'. How did that happen?
    Thats it Anag, chillax and listen to some Tom Robinson.
    "Two, four, six, eight, never too late... "

Since married to a woman ironically. I was booted out of a music lesson back then for choosing 'glad to be gay' as my once-a-term choice of chart single to play. Not sure I was especially pro-lgbtq in them days but teach's reaction taught me a bit about intolerance

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)