+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly money ?

Silly money ?

Can't beleive I just read that Boro have just paid Forest reportedly 15 million for Assombalonga or whatever his name is

Just seems excessive to me

Just a bit!!! Dunno where they got the money from mind

Parachute payments of £47 million this year and if they are still in the league over £30 million next year.

On behalf of all Forest supporters I'd like to thank Boro for their unbelievable generosity. I'd be happy with 10m. 12m would be wunderbar. 15? We're having a laugh

Even clubs that have been down for 2 seasons like Cardiff will still get £12 million this year!

On the subject of silly money, why is£1.75M of our license fee being wasted on Lineker presenting about 30 match of the day programmes?

Nice work if you can get it! The fee seems excessive but he does other presenting as well but thats the market and lots of people get paid silly money for what seem inconsequential jobs, £12 million a year for being a football manager, £250K a week to Rooney for playing football, mad mad world!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Nice work if you can get it! The fee seems excessive but he does other presenting as well but thats the market and lots of people get paid silly money for what seem inconsequential jobs, £12 million a year for being a football manager, £250K a week to Rooney for playing football, mad mad world!
    Personally I think Lineker is better value at £1.75m than Shearer is for his occasional attempts at stating the bloody obvious for £500k per year. It does all highlight how ridiculous things have got though when footballers/managers and sports presenters/news readers are paid such exorbitant amounts and so many of the less fortunate don't know where their next meal is coming from.

I wish they'd sack Lineker and employ Slaven Bilic from West Ham, can't remember if it was the World cup or the euros but his knowledge on football was unreal, the best pundit on tv I've ever seen. Hope they go for his services after he stands down from management.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Personally I think Lineker is better value at £1.75m than Shearer is for his occasional attempts at stating the bloody obvious for £500k per year. It does all highlight how ridiculous things have got though when footballers/managers and sports presenters/news readers are paid such exorbitant amounts and so many of the less fortunate don't know where their next meal is coming from.
    I don't begrudge those talented or lucky enough to earn unrealistic amounts of money, BUT pay taxes accordingly and be prepared to pay decent wages for others.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)