+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly money ?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don't bring me into it. Given up with you two...two of the best posters just constantly and pointlessly chipping away at each other nowadays while the rest just can't resist having a go at the resident scapegoat...who Swale can't seem to decide whether to defend or destroy, and who is no longer actually doing that much wrong as far as I can see.
    Wake me up when the forum has something worth listening to.
    For once, I agree with you. That's why I haven't bothered posting lately.

Don't bring me into it. Given up with you two...two of the best posters just constantly and pointlessly chipping away at each other nowadays while the rest just can't resist having a go at the resident scapegoat...who Swale can't seem to decide whether to defend or destroy, and who is no longer actually doing that much wrong as far as I can see.
    You're right re Swale and I, and I'll do the right thing for everyone's sake and not comment on Swales' non-footy posts (where we often agree/see each others' point ayway) in future.

Be nice if others followed that lead and eased off on the R4J-flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    For once, I agree with you. That's why I haven't bothered posting lately.
    I actually agree with you about many things...we just have differing political views.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    You have to get used to being patronised when being talked down to by Swale, Andy
    when you jump in with an opinion that has no relation to reality and merely states a simplistic approach with no regard to the complexity of the world in which live, that ignores the facts then you can't expect to be taken seriously?

I feel for politicians, they have to provide simple answers that most people can understand, when the reality is there is no simple answer and the very people who carp at them are people who would not stick their necks on the line in any event, but fire off simple bar room solutions that don't stand up to any reasonable scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You're still being oh so coy, what's this inconvenient truth you rattle on about?

And don't start with that 'research has shown' **** or we will be off on one again with Ramanag trying to referee. You need to cease and desist with this 'I'm right because I have a placard' approach if you want respect

And 'people' DON'T stick to views or opinions, I think your unrest is probably due to the fact that many who HAVE changed their opinions have edged towards the less tolerant end of the spectrum, as have my own as it happens. So on that one you are wrong

My unrest as you put it, but more accurately my incredulity is at being able to defend or even state an opinion about a topic which the person giving the opinion clearly hasn't got a basic understanding of.

Nor i am I wrong that it is a well researched fact that people will blindly stick to an opinion or a belief they hold even when its proven beyond reasonable doubt that the opinion or belief that they have is wrong.

If you don't believe me google "Why do people stick to their opinion even when proven to be wrong" there is plenty of evidence to back me up, or read a book entitled "You are not so smart" there is also a blog, which is very illuminating.

As for respect, why would I crave the respect of someone whose answer to a historical perspective, that but for 22 miles of sea, the UK would have gone the same way as France, was to rumble on about being unpatriotic and disrespecting the generation that fought in WW2?

Especially when i made no reference to the efforts or bravery of those that fought, but was merely referring to the factors that assisted the UK from remaining free of german occupation.

You will be asleep a long time because this Forum is becoming a ****ing bore.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Your post where you agreed with Rog's very simplistic view on the matter!
    I have to keep it simple so you can understand it, Swale 😁

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You will be asleep a long time because this Forum is becoming a ****ing bore.
    As ever, I actually agree with much of what you say Swale. Unfortunately your arrogance, inconsistency and chest thumping attitude of 'I'm Swale therefore I'm right' are currently going a long way to making it the '****ing bore you describe'.

Agree

I agree that you can agree although others might disagree that I should agree although I very much disagree with any suggestions that I should disagree when I had stated I wanted to agree.

I hope I'm not being disagreeable.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)