+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're Bottom of the league

We're Bottom of the league

According to Sky's list of pre- seasons travels with 648 miles travelled, compared with Arsenals 25000, Man United 16k Chelsea 15k and Everton 14k.

Name:  IMG_0642.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  11.8 KB

Not sure that's a bad thing as we won't be exposing players to nasty diseases. It's good the big clubs want to come to Burnley for friendlies and see the local attractions.

On the other hand some are getting games against a each other abroad.
    The article is to promote games coming up on Sky - already.

Liverpool, Leicester, West Brom and Crystal Palace compete in the Premier League Asia Trophy live on Sky Sports 1, kicking off with Leicester v West Brom on Wednesday from 11am

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...stance-covered

Have we missed a trick?

I just wasted 3 minutes reading that link Colner, what an utter waste of time for nothing by Sky, par for the course from them though.

Premier League Asia Trophy ? Cannot wait till the season starts and Managers moan at too many games.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I just wasted 3 minutes reading that link Colner, what an utter waste of time for nothing by Sky, par for the course from them though.

Premier League Asia Trophy ? Cannot wait till the season starts and Managers moan at too many games.
    Aye, they'll be whingeing about the need for a midwinter break soon.

Nice friendly knock about in Ireland, see a few mates, get into some serious training and team bonding. Meet and greet the good folks of Ireland, sink the odd Guinness to get the old blood sugar up or beggar of to the Far East to play a load of "high profile" shirt selling exhibition games. Forget the air miles and the jet lag, give me Dublin any day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Nice friendly knock about in Ireland, see a few mates, get into some serious training and team bonding. Meet and greet the good folks of Ireland, sink the odd Guinness to get the old blood sugar up or beggar of to the Far East to play a load of "high profile" shirt selling exhibition games. Forget the air miles and the jet lag, give me Dublin any day of the week!
    Yep ! and look at the money we have saved.

I'll still bet that training camp does not come cheap TMS?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll still bet that training camp does not come cheap TMS?
    I am sure it would not be cheap,but it will be more likley we as a prem team would be being paid to be there..

Makes a lot of sense to go to the Republic when we are fielding half of their national team. Hearts and minds and all of that...

Seems the Asia Cup is causing some discomfort as Hong Kong is so hot they are training at night and the tournament is in doubt due to torrential thunderstorms. That's a shame!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Hong-Kong.html

Arsenal equalise with last kick and then beat Bayern on penalties but have 5 players with food poisoning. Hope it isn't serious!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ing-China.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)