+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pride Park Stadium

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pride Park Stadium

twenty years ago to the very day Pride Park Stadium was opened by HRH Queen Elizabeth II - External Link

All hail the four musketeers who put their cocks on the block back in the day and got us a stadium to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    All hail the four musketeers who put their cocks on the block back in the day and got us a stadium to be proud of.
    Hear hear

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Hear hear
    Did you read the article in the telegraph romanis, gave a good insight into the planning, the money involved, cooperation from the council etc etc, I remember a debate over on your board a while back during the world cup bid and your plans to get a new ground out of it, obviously the WC didnt happen so you didn't. The forest fans mock and all banter aside we a new(ish) modern stadium that cost us £18m, i remember the debate and how much costs have increased mainly through steel prices and that nowadays pride park would cost £100-120m to build, Peter seems to back this up and like Andy says we owe a lot to those guys back then that took the risk not only financially but by building a 30k seater instead of a 8/10k one that was mooted

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Did you read the article in the telegraph romanis, gave a good insight into the planning, the money involved, cooperation from the council etc etc, I remember a debate over on your board a while back during the world cup bid and your plans to get a new ground out of it, obviously the WC didnt happen so you didn't. The forest fans mock and all banter aside we a new(ish) modern stadium that cost us £18m, i remember the debate and how much costs have increased mainly through steel prices and that nowadays pride park would cost £100-120m to build, Peter seems to back this up and like Andy says we owe a lot to those guys back then that took the risk not only financially but by building a 30k seater instead of a 8/10k one that was mooted
    Yes Stenny. It has turned out to be a very wise move

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I remember the announcement that the decision had been changed from rebuilding the BBG to developing PP, it was made at halftime on some bleak wednesday in March (1-1 v Watford I think), having seen the rebuild plans I was SO relieved...

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/897264212?-291:807:3

Article in Nottingham Post.
    Underlines the wise decision Derby took with the move to Pride Park.
    City Ground has to go. But with rising costs, a state of limbo exists

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/897264212?-291:807:3

Article in Nottingham Post.
    Underlines the wise decision Derby took with the move to Pride Park.
    City Ground has to go. But with rising costs, a state of limbo exists
    'The banks of the Trent are home to two of English football's most prestigious clubs.' Really?
    That's what I love about local journalism...you can write complete bollux with total impunity...probably think Rock City is one of England's 'most prestigious' music venues too.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    'The banks of the Trent are home to two of English football's most prestigious clubs.' Really?
    That's what I love about local journalism...you can write complete bollux with total impunity...probably think Rock City is one of England's 'most prestigious' music venues too.
    ....or that Robin Hood came from Nottingham, or that it has a castle

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep. I did a double take when I saw that. Oldest would have been a better word

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)