+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnny Evans

Johnny Evans

He not leaving.he's been installed as captain for the season.great news but not sure about him being captain material

why not?

He's a natural captain, who already dictates what happens at the back.

Anything to keep him is OK with me.

Seems like an OK appointment to me.

And to me !
    A class act and will be a good captain.

Good news and he is def captain material IMO.

Best centre half Iv seen for a good while, quality in possession, tough to beat, leader, quite simply our best player. Too many times a player who should be captain, isnt, this time they've got it spot on. I just hope he can stay injury free, love the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    He not leaving.he's been installed as captain for the season.great news but not sure about him being captain material
    I think he will do a good job as a captain, he has the quality and the others should listen to him.

I was gutted when Fletcher chose to go to Stoke, but it did solve 1 approaching problem, a captain who could not justify a place in the starting 11. I did get the impression last season when Fletcher was at times playing poorly that he wasn't been dropped purely due to his leadership qualities.

That should not be a problem for Jonny, who must be one of the first names on the team sheet. He has displayed an aptitude for marshaling the defense, it is not unreasonable to assume that he can apply that skill to the whole team.

Be a great captain steady composed calm & most of all a decent player ,

Simply the best player we have had for a few years. Will be a great captain as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)